Physical Plant Support Coordinator
Shenandoah University is seeking a qualified individual to perform and coordinate a broad range of general office and administrative support functions for the Physical Plant office. This position provides front-line response, will assist the Director of the Physical Plant, Assistant Director of the Physical Plant, and other staff in various administrative tasks in support of daily operations, as well as monthly and long range projects. In this role, the Support Coordinator will serve as the public face for the office, interacting with people at all levels in a professional and positive manner. This is a full time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, VA.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Strong knowledge of computer programs
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and give attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks in an environment of changing demands
- Previous experience working with online work order systems a plus
- Willingness to learn additional procedures in order to assist in the event of the Assistant Director’s absence
- Coordinate work order assignments to technicians, as needed, in the event of the Assistant Director’s absence
- Handle fleet reservations for activity vans and preventative maintenance schedules on vehicles
- Manage key software, inventory, and assignments to faculty, staff and students on campus
High school diploma or GED; at least some college preferred
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester