Physical Therapy Administrative Assistant
Part-time 0.625 FTE, Benefit Eligible
Responsible for assisting the physical therapy program with duties as outlined below to ensure program meets professional education requirements especially related to clinical education, lab administration and daily departmental affairs.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff customer needs and expectations; anticipates and identifies student-faculty-staff customer needs.
- Communicates, cooperates, and collaborates well with others to achieve common department, school, and university goals.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrates strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position.
Department of Physical Therapy:
- Supports DCE/ADCE in student clinical placement by data entry/extract via EXXAT software and managing any on campus requirements such as clinical badges.
- Supports Department Chair and SHS Dean by organizing the ordering, acquisition, and intake/maintenance of books, items, and equipment used by the department and school (i.e. asset procurement and database management)
- Supports students by overseeing the paperwork needs from matriculation (e.g. medical records, transcripts, etc.) through past graduation (e.g. state board letters).
- Supports faculty via copying, filing, scanning, and faxing as needed
- Updates PT bulletin board seasonally.
- Collates and sends miscellaneous mailings as needed.
- Submits work requests to building and maintenance for needed repairs of offices and classrooms.
- Responds to further delegated tasks from primary Dept AA, Chair, and DCE as requested.
- Serves as back-up to primary Dept AA.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed.
- Manages and organizes PT shared drive
School of Health Sciences:
- Supports Department Chair and Dean by organizing the ordering, acquisition, and intake/maintenance of books, items, and equipment used by the department and school (i.e. asset procurement and database management), plus keeps on campus HS function room and kitchen organized.
- Distributes faculty and staff mail.
- Supports HS AA with ordering and purchasing as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate degree or Bachelors degree preferred. Experience: Experience in working with others and demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion. Specialized Training: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati