Pediatric Gastroenterology - Assistant/Associate Professor
The Department of Pediatrics at East Tennessee State University (ETSU), Quillen College of Medicine, and Medical Education Assistance Corporation (MEAC) are seeking a full-time BC/BE Pediatric Gastroenterologist to join our large collegial group of pediatricians and pediatric specialty medicine physicians in clinical care. You will work in a beautiful, new Pediatric Clinic with a warm, child and family friendly environment, emerging to be one of the region’s largest tertiary referral centers.
• Established Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic representing 9 specialties
• Pediatric GI division has 2 physicians, a mid-level provider, a dietician and 3 nurses
• 24-bed Pediatric Inpatient Unit staffed by 5 Pediatric Hospitalists
• Level III 39-bed NICU
• Friendly college community is a great place to raise a family near the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains.
Other considerations for this position
• The position is at the rank of Assistant or Associate
• At time of hire, completion of Pediatric Gastroenterology fellowship is required
• This is a non-tenure, clinical track position
• Academic responsibilities include teaching of medical students and pediatric residents, and academic pursuits
• Clinical responsibilities include providing clinical care at Niswonger Children’s Hospital and out-patient clinic
• Competitive salary and benefit package; contingent on external funding
We are located just west of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the area offers excellent schools, a low cost of living and a wealth of outdoor activities. The steep mountains, rolling hills and valleys surrounding the Johnson City region are part of the Appalachian Ridge-and-Valley Province. Exciting outdoor recreation close to home include hiking, whitewater rafting and various boating opportunities. Johnson City is ranked the #14 “Best Small Place for Business and Careers” in the USA by Forbes, and #5 in Kiplinger’s list of "The 10 Least-Expensive Cities For Living in the U.S.A.
All positions at East Tennessee State University are contingent upon sufficient funding. For consideration, candidates must apply and submit all required documents to the university’s hiring system and follow any special instructions listed in the posting. https://jobs.etsu.edu/postings/18684
ETSU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all of our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Required Qualification: Completion of Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship at time of hire.
Salary: Contingent on experience
Is this position subject to a criminal background check?
Is any part of the funding for this posting coming from a grant or outside funding source?
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Johnson City
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Johnson City
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Johnson City
- Pediatrics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Johnson City