University Code 34212 University Title Research Administrator 2 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Administrator Position Number 592890 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Nursing Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU School of Nursing is seeking a Research Administrator to provide post-award grant administration support to the school’s research enterprise. The grants include federal, state, foundations and other entities. The position will be responsible for meeting with the Principal Investigator(s) monthly to review grant activity and monitoring spending against the budgeted allocations in the award to ensure compliance.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Post-award grant management, research and fiscal administration
- Relevant computer software programs including Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, email and calendar programs and university software systems(student information systems plus, fiscal resource system, human
- Federal, state and university policies and procedures related to administration, fiscal management and human resource activities.
- High level organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in required programs – Computational and accounting skills
- Proficient in accessing resources via the world wide web
- Use of Excel and Word and other research-related software
- Customer service
- Ability to engage in effective problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to function independently and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to identify and meet continuous quality improvement needs
- Ability to use technology to maximum efficiency
- Successful work history demonstrating
either effective leadership in project management or management of multiple complex tasks
- Demonstrated effectiveness with maintaining research and grant budgets and the reconciliation process
- Experience with university financial systems and human resources system
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Baccalaureate degree in accounting/finance, business or related degree, or equivalent experience in a public institution of higher education in fiscal management and grants administration with at least several years of experience.
- Knowledge of Banner Finance System
- Knowledge of pre- and post- award grant administration for federal sponsored awards.
- Certified Research Administrator ( CRA )
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $55,000 - $70,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Applicants who apply by the priority deadline of July 5, 2021 will be considered first.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00am - 5:00pm Job Open Date 06/16/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107007 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of research administration experience do you
- 0 - 1 Year
- 1 - 3 Years
- 3 - 5 Years
- 5 or more years
- * Please describe in detail your experience in research
administration including post award management of federal and
non-federal sponsored programs.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe what systems you have worked with in Research
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a Certified Research Administrator (CRA)?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond