Budget Analyst 1 (Non-Permanent)
Columbia Basin College ('CBC' or the 'College') seeks a Budget Analyst 1 to perform professional budget analysis work by compiling and interpreting fiscal data used to develop and monitor operating or capital budgets. Under general supervision, the Budget Analyst 1 will perform administrative tasks by modifying computer budget models to make budget projections and allotments. The incumbent will prepare analyses in support of program plans and budget requests, recommend alternative budget and allocation formulas, and continually provide customer service to budget owners and delegates. This position reports to the Director for Budget & Purchasing.
This position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by June 27, 2021 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Conduct operating, grant and capital budget analyses, using statistical formulas to consider factors that vary among the institution, such as, individually-negotiated salary schedules, widely different campus infrastructures, capital improvement projects and varying student enrollments;
- Analyze proposed legislation, project costs, and prepare fiscal notes on behalf of the institution;
- Prepare analyses in support of program plans and operating or capital budget requests submitted by faculty and staff;
- Use complex computerized systems to extract, summarize and evaluate fiscal data, including BudgetPak, Microsoft Excel, PeopleSoft and Tableau;
- Assist, advise and train faculty and staff regarding budgetary policies and procedures;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of tools for budget management and reconciliation;
- Develop training materials and resources for new and existing budget managers;
- Provide customer service incorporating the CBC 'Yes And' culture;
- Work closely with other financial departments to collaborate in activities such as procurement, reconciliations and year-end fiscal close;
- Assist with the yearly college budget development process;
- Partner with and support departments and budget owners in the establishment and tracking of individual budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports for upper-level management and the Board of Trustees;
- Develop procedures to effect more efficient budget reporting at the department level or in area of responsibility;
- Explain accounting and budgeting systems, procedures and processes; and
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting, Economics or Statistics from an institutionally accredited college or university; and
- Three (3) years of professional experience in budgets, management and/or program analysis.
- Master's degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting, Economics or Statistics from an institutionally accredited college or university.
Skills & Abilities
Analytical Skills : Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures;
Technical Skills : Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others;
Problem Solving Skills : Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
Oral Communication Skills : Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings;
Written Communication Skills : Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information;
Cost Consciousness : Ability to work within approved budget(s); develop and implement cost saving measures, contribute to profits and revenue, conserve organizational resources;
Professionalism : Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments;
Quality : Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality; and
Quantity : Meet productivity standards; complete work in timely manner; strive to increase productivity; work quickly.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a full-time, overtime-eligible, classified staff position. This is a non-permanent position with employment up to 18 months. The typical work hours for this position are Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; however, must be available to work a flexible schedule when prior notice is given by the College. This position is available immediately.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
**Please note that selected interview candidates will be subject to supplemental testing that will measure skills and abilities related to this position (e.g., Communication, Analytical Skills, MS Office Simulation [Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word], Professionalism, etc.).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment, and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of Columbia Basin College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4740.
OTHER JOB ELEMENTS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met and may be encountered by an incumbent when performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility including having the ability to move materials on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc. Manual dexterity and coordination are required to operate equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA). Internal promotional, transfer and voluntary demotion applicants who have skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position will be considered prior to consideration of other applicants.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco