Sport Management Faculty Position
Aurora University seeks talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester. Student advising is supported by professional staff. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Experience teaching at a smaller, private institution is highly preferred.
SPORT MANAGEMENT: Lecturer of Sport Management
Review of applications will begin July 1, 2021 and review will continue until the position is filled.
The School of Health Science in searching for a Lecturer of Sport Management. The candidate will provide students with outstanding classroom and experiential learning opportunities to become highly competent and productive professionals. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate sport management and coaching courses as well as engage in research and service projects that will strengthen the university community. The candidate will also work well in a highly collaborative departmental environment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Applicants must have an earned master’s in Sport Management or an equivalent field by appointment date. Doctoral degree preferred.
- Engagement in professional practice in the field of Sport Management.
- Successful college teaching experience at the undergraduate and /or graduate levels.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring students.
- Demonstrated potential for scholarship related to sport management or coaching.
- Demonstrated interest in working with diverse university and community settings.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring students.
- Demonstrated experience incorporating technology in instructional practices.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and retaining students or working collaboratively with enrollment management.
- Demonstrated experience working with outside agencies to expand the depth and breadth of internship opportunities for sport management students.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Sarah Radtke. (email@example.com)
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.