Senior Learning Specialist and Tutoring Coordinator - (STA007559)
Develops and implements comprehensive educational programs specifically designed to address the special educational needs of student-athletes identified as at-risk in their academic studies, assists in the remediation of fundamental skills needed for academic success, and coordinates athletic tutoring needs for all student-athletes.
- Develops individualized learning profiles and educational development. Plans, monitors, and tracks the academic progress for at-risk student-athletes.
- Works with individual and groups of student athletes to teach and develop successful academic skills in the areas of reading, writing, organization, time management, testing and learning strategies and other general study skill areas.
- Reviews background information and current academic performance of referred student-athletes and determines if specialized assistance is needed; conducts initial assessments and coordinates educational testing for learning disabilities of incoming student-athletes.
- Responsible for the day to day oversight and management of the athletics department's tutoring program including assessing the academic needs of the student-athlete population to maintain appropriate tutor availability and subject area coverage.
- Reviews and discusses recommendations with students and monitors the utilization of academic accommodations for eligible students.
- Coordinates the recruitment, training, continued education, and evaluation of ACE learning support services program staff and tutoring support.
- Serves as liaison to the Center for Students with Disabilities
- Develops, implements and oversees programs and ensures compliance with all University, American Athletic Conference and NCAA rules and regulations governing the intercollegiate athletics operations and regularly assesses, reviews, and updates applicable policies and procedures.
- In all settings and in all situations, serves as a positive Ambassador for UH Athletics and UH in general. Effuses positivity and grows affinity for all things UH.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional disciplines. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related, 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Preferred: Master�s degreeRequires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Education accepted in lieu of experience
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194