About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic
mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is
part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive
public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015
HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting
individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the
community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes
applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to
support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity,
Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about
engaging with both students and the community.
The Associate Vice-President of Information Technology (AVP-IT),
reporting to the President, serves as the chief technology
officer responsible for providing leadership and management to the
Information Technology Services division and is responsible for
system-wide planning, management, security, and coordination of the
technology resources of the College. The AVP-IT is
responsible for information technology policy, planning, and budget
management; information systems deployment and management;
centralized IT procurement; information security and IT services.
The AVP-IT plays a key role supporting the institution's strategic
goals. Current responsibilities include oversight of information
security; infrastructure and network services; campus application
software development; instructional technologies and events
support; help desk and customer support activities. micro-computer
installation and maintenance, user support services, policy
development regarding information services for students, faculty,
and staff. The CIO oversees the review and analysis, coordination,
and approval of computer-related purchases and upgrades and ensures
that new applications and technologies are compatible with existing
The AVP-IT provides strategic oversight and direction of DCC's
IT operations, including:
- Oversight of IT services, staff and operations, including the
network and infrastructure, enterprise applications, classroom
technology, help desk, and client support.
- Oversight of information security policies, procedures,
practices, and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Strategic planning for IT initiatives in alignment with
institutional goals. Developing and presenting the IT budget and
oversight of any initiatives including contract development and
- Maintaining strong communication and collaboration channels
with all constituencies of DCC, including faculty, students,
administrators, executives, committees and shared governance
- Serving as a strategic leader for the role of information
technology at DCC.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution and ten (10)
years of comparable managerial experience or a Doctorate and seven
(7) years of comparable managerial experience.
- An understanding of technology in higher education and an
- Ability and experience in aligning technological investment
with higher education missions.
- Expertise in information security frameworks and standards,
best-practice policies and procedures, tools and techniques.
- Experience and enthusiasm for managing and implementing
- Experience overseeing multifaceted systems and leveraging
overall system resources to deliver the optimum level of service in
the most efficient manner possible.
- Creative ability and experience in addressing technological,
organizational and budget challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically
with respect to consensus building, presentation of ideas and
plans, and management.
- Personnel and budget management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a service orientation.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals in a tactful,
- Experience in complex project management.
- Demonstrated success in supervision of employees.
- MIS, CIS or related degree.
- CISSP, or comparable professional certification in information
- PMP, or comparable professional certification in project
- Experience working in a higher education system of
- Demonstrated understanding of the mission of a community
To apply please submit application, resume and cover
letter to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
A background check will be required.
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.