Proposal and Systems Manager
University of Idaho
Proposal and Systems Manager
Division/College: University Research (Div)
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $22.03 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Proposal and Systems Manager will be an instrumental member of the Research and Faculty Development (RFD) team whose mission is to support the university's strategic initiatives to grow research, scholarship, and creative activities across all disciplines. The RFD office is an exciting, fast paced, and deadline-driven environment. Under limited supervision by the RFD Director, the Proposal and Systems Manager will lead the management and coordination activities related to the (1) limited submission program for the University of Idaho and (2) ORED internal funding programs using a commercially developed software system. A particular focus will be to strategically plan for the announcement of internal competitions for limited submission funding opportunities, manage all internal competitions, and develop a weekly newsletter of new and open limited submission competitions. This individual will be the primary point-of-contact for all inquiries related to this software system. These functions are University-wide and critical to the research funding across campus, with high visibility and a simultaneous need for confidentiality. This individual will also represent the University of Idaho at professional meetings and conferences to stay engaged on best practices for management activities and the use of this software. While actual application review of internal applications is done by faculty/staff review committees, the Proposal and Systems Manager will be responsible for analysis of funding opportunities, policies and review processes; planning for strategic outreach and dissemination; creative process design; and administrative support of the programs. This position will thrive through operational excellence and customer service. In addition, this position frequently will interact with University leadership and requires skillful relationship building with external sponsors, University of Idaho faculty, and departmental research support staff across different units.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, ITS, or 4 years of proposal, grants, or system management experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s.
- Three years of experience in a project, proposal, or grants management full-time position.
- Experience maintaining and tracking multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Experience working effectively in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in following standard procedures to maintain a shared collection of files and documents.
- Experience working both independently and in teams.
- Experience in managing competing priorities under strict deadlines.
- Education: Master’s degree
- Skills: Relevant subject matter knowledge that may include, but is not limited to knowledge of funders, funding opportunities, proposal submissions, pre-award sponsor requirements, and technology platforms; Prior experience with managing proposal selection process in an academic environment; Proficiency with project management software and tools; Experience working in a research development or research administration setting; Broad understanding of college/university research activities and mission; Experience in using funding databases; Experience in effectively communicating with university faculty and staff.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002851P
Posting Date: 06/10/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
First review of applicants will be on June 24, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.