University of Idaho
Division/College: General Library (Div)
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.00 per hour or more depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho (UI) Libraries is seeking a creative, collaborative, and service-oriented individual to lead the Making, Innovating, and Learning Laboratory (MILL). Dedicated to making emerging technologies accessible for all members of the UI community, the MILL provides equipment, space, and expertise to support a wide range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary needs, facilitating creative problem solving and supporting project-based and experiential learning.
Reporting to the Head, User and Research Services, this position: manages the daily operations of the MILL; hires, trains, and supervises student assistants; coordinates 3D printer scheduling; assists and teaches patrons; oversees safety plans and inventory; troubleshoots and fixes machines such as 3D printers; markets MILL services to the university community, including managing social media accounts; coordinates, manages, and markets MILL workshop series.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experience working in a customer service-oriented environment.
• Experience editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials.
• Experience developing and delivering one-on-one or group training and/or informational presentations.
• Work experience in one or more of these areas:
o 3D design and fabrication
o 3D modeling
o 3D scanning
o Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or other microcontrollers
• Experience with and enthusiasm for STEAM outreach and/or education .
• Experience working in a library or educational setting.
• Experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Some college.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002864P
Posting Date: 06/15/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This posting is open until filled with a first consideration date of 7/7/2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.