Creative Project Manager
Creative Project Manager
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Creative Project Manager on the Enrollment Management team at Northeastern University reports into the Associate Director of Project Management and Administration and will execute the project management of internal print and digital client requests ensuring on-target, on-time, on-budget and on-brand delivery of marketing materials. The creative project manager must exhibit outstanding project management and client communication skills to achieve the highest possible standards in both project management and client service. The person in this role will work closely with stakeholders in defining project charters, schedules and budgets and oversee the entire project lifecycle to deliver multi-channel creative marketing campaigns. In addition to excelling in scope, time and budget management, the ideal candidate will also have a thorough understanding of print production as well as the full life cycle of creative marketing and advertising multi-channel assets.
This position requires confidence, self-discipline, a sense of urgency, and the ability to be innovative, make decisions and take responsibility for them. As a Creative Project Manager, you will need to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions, identify risks and recommend solutions. The Creative Project Manager will be expected to take an active participation in status meetings to ensure final output is on schedule. In addition, the PM will provide project management follow-through and accurate delivery. The job demands a factual, direct style of communication and significant self-discipline with attention to detail. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results.
● Project manage multiple, integrated print and digital marketing projects
● Encourage a collaborative approach to project delivery with departmental team members
● Ensure all relevant information, such as creative briefs, marketing plans, specifications, etc., have been provided to the creative team.
● Deliver creative material to clients, obtain and ensure feedback is clear for the creative team
● Maintain accurate project documentation within the Northeastern project management tool, Workfront
● Review client change requests and respond with schedule/cost impacts along with alternatives
● Manage expectations with clients and departmental teams
● Negotiate timelines and budgets and ensure that all deadlines are maintained
● Leverage knowledge and understanding of graphic design, creative and production to facilitate effective communication between client and departmental teams
● 5 years of proven project management experience of multi-channel advertising/marketing campaigns, demonstrating robust and deep working knowledge of the full project lifecycle.
● Ad agency project management experience preferably including print, direct marketing campaigns, online, promotions, radio, video, web, digital advertising, and social media
● Team player with excellent relationship-building skills
● Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Resourceful and solution-oriented
● Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
● Excellent creative project management skills, highly organized and able to multitask effectively
● Ability to gain client trust and effectively manage client expectations
● Experience communicating with several audience types, and the ability to tailor communications between clients, creative teams, management and more
● Strong understanding of the creative process as well as design and print/web production
● Solid understanding of design and production principles (copywriting, creative concepting, mechanicals, proofing, printing)
● Successful track record at client service in a marketing or creative environment
● Experience with Workfront a plus
● Demonstrable financial management skills and experience a plus
Education & Experience Requirements
● Bachelor's degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, advertising or business
● Minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience in a project management role either in an external or internal agency
● Experience in higher education a plus
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506736