University of Idaho
$52,631 per year or higher depending on education
The instructional designer/course developer in the Center for
Excellence in Teaching and Learning will assist faculty in all
disciplines in their efforts to design, develop, and deliver
significant learning experiences in all instructional modalities,
with an emphasis in online learning. This position is inherently
collaborative, working closely with faculty and CETL staff to
support institutional online learning initiatives and course-level
excellence in engaged and technology-enhanced teaching and
learning. This position will maintain familiarity with different
learning management systems (LMS) in general and LMS-based course
building skills. The position will work one-on-one with faculty,
often independently, to design and develop courses that will engage
learners and accomplish key learning goals. This position will also
assist faculty and future faculty in the use of instructional
technologies and develop tutorials, facilitate trainings, and
conduct workshops and other professional development programming
that support a diverse population of faculty and students.
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional/course design, online learning
and pedagogy, educational technology, or related field.
• Researching and/or utilizing evidence-based theories and
practices in instructional and online course design, development,
• Using one or more learning management systems and building
classes which support faculty and student engagement.
• Providing instructional design training.
• Researching new and emerging technologies and pedagogies to
enhance instruction in different modalities.
• Applying inclusive and accessible teaching and learning
• Working independently as well as collaboratively with a diverse
group of faculty and staff.
• Editing and writing materials using proper grammar and
punctuation to communicate as demonstrated in application
• Prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously with
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology,
online learning and pedagogy or related area coupled with
documented experience as an instructional designer/course builder
in a college or university setting.
• At least one year of experience working with faculty and staff in
the design and development of college/university courses and
• College/university assessment practices and standards.
• Quality Matters-related standards.
• Course and curriculum (re)design practices.
• Developing and implementing course- and program-level assessments
for continuous course improvement and instructional
• Working as part of a team to advance institutional efforts to
enhance online excellence.
• Course quality assessment and evaluation practices and
• Proactively forge strong, sustainable, and cordial working
• Communicate very effectively in verbal and written form.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Provide a resume, list of 3 references and a letter of
qualification which provides examples of how you meet each of the
required experience, required education and any applicable
additional preferred qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed beginning July 9, 2021 and first
consideration will be given to applications received by July 9,
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative