Athletics & Recreation
Bucknell University's Department of Athletics and Recreation seeks
to identify a pool of interested candidates to serve as a Lifeguard
throughout the summer and possibly into the next academic year.
This position will be filled on an as needed basis. It is an
hourly, non-exempt position and is not eligible for University
Candidates must professionally and respectfully support a diverse
and inclusive student body, faculty and workforce.
1. Current American
Red Cross certification in Lifesaving, CPR for the Professional
Rescuer, AED & First Aid. Training for certification is
available for qualified applicants (ability to pass a swim test for
certification and/or willing to complete the class).
2. Successful completion of skills test:
* Swim 300 yards continuously using breaststroke & front
* Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs
* Complete a timed event in 1 min 40 sec
* Retrieve diving brick from bottom of pool (14 ft)
3. Must be at least 16 years old.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496730/lifeguard