Lecturer, Computer Information Systems
Job Description Summary
The Department of Computer Information Systems (CIS) at Bentley University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track Lecturer position for Academic Year 2021-22 starting no later than in September 2021. The CIS department offers programs at the undergraduate level and contributes courses to several other programs at Bentley including the undergraduate general education core, the graduate analytics core, and an MBA concentration. The department's most immediate teaching needs include programming languages (currently Java and Python), application development, data and database management, and computing and communication infrastructure; the department is also developing its teaching capabilities further in data analytics, applied machine learning, applied artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, business intelligence, web & mobile technologies, and IT project management. A typical teaching load for a lecturer is four sections per semester. The CIS faculty's teaching and scholarly interests reach across a broad range of areas in computing, including Information Systems and Computer Science.
Located 12 miles west of Boston in Waltham, Massachusetts, Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader with the technical skills, global perspective and ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. The university enrolls approximately 4,000 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. The Princeton Review ranks Bentley #1 in the United States in career services and #4 in internships, and Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked Bentley a Top 10 undergraduate business school in 2016.
Bentley University leads higher education in providing transformative business education grounded in the liberal arts and sciences. We instill in our students a deep sense of corporate social responsibility and prepare them to succeed in a future shaped by rapidly changing technology. We seek faculty and staff who represent diverse backgrounds, interests and talents, are dedicated to high ethical standards and have a willingness to embrace change. A team-oriented work environment promotes personal development and professional accomplishment.
- A master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a closely related field
- A qualified candidate should have an excellent record of accomplishments in teaching and will be expected to contribute to the CIS department's mission of educating technically adept information systems professionals to pursue careers at the intersection of business and information and communication technologies
- We seek candidates whose experience in teaching, service and/or research has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants will be asked to include the following documents upon submission of their application:
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement: Applicants should submit a statement (not exceeding two single-spaced pages) explaining how their teaching in the department will contribute to and add to a culture of equity and inclusion.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham