Transfer Admission Counselor
This position is responsible for admissions counseling, recruiting, and general office duties for a range of applicants including transfers, re-enrolling students and second-degree candidates. Evaluation of preliminary transferability. Provide leadership to other process improvement teams as necessary.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the academic, social, and spiritual composition of Belmont University in order to perpetuate the Belmont vision.
- Manage the enrollment of transfer students, second degree seeking students, and international students including
- advice on course selection.
Evaluate credentials of applicants to determine academic and personal compatibility with the goals and mission of Belmont University. Provide preliminary transcript evaluation for prospective students.
- Assist with programs and events sponsored by the Admissions office, such as Preview Day, Be Belmont Day, Sneak Peak Saturday and daily information sessions.
- Exercise knowledge of the financial aid programs available to Belmont University students and provide financial aid insight to prospective students.
- Assist with off-campus recruiting visits, as necessary.
- Assist other offices within Enrollment Services and Student Life as assigned.
- Conduct presentations about Belmont to potential freshman and transfer applicants.
- Provides support and leadership for processes related to technology and customer relationship management software.
- The above statements describe the job's essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge and willingness to learn and work with technically, specifically word processing platforms, internet navigation, databases, and e-mail correspondence
- Basic knowledge of marketing and higher education
- Commitment to the University and office-wide mission
- Ability to apply processes and policies with sensitivity and to make the final decision
- Ability to operate a vehicle
Bachelors degree required
• Previous experience in the college admission process, student affairs, customer service, or marketing and management.
• Previous private college experience as a student or employee preferred