Library Assistant Professor - Reference
Valdosta State University's Odum Library seeks applicants for a tenure-track library faculty position beginning August 1, 2021. The successful candidate will be responsible for: providing reference service at the reference desk and through research appointments both in-person and virtually; teaching library instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels; maintaining and improving our virtual services, including Live Chat (Pidgin and LibraryH3lp) and LibGuides; maintaining Gimlet and library web pages; creating online guides and video tutorials; teaching an undergraduate for-credit course in rotation with other librarians; participating in collection development and liaison program; maintaining scholarly productivity; participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
Odum Library is comprised of 12 faculty and 23 classified staff. This position supports the library’s mission to “be a leading educational and cultural resource of the University” by directly contributing to the goal to “promote and support a culture of student engagement and experiential opportunities.”
- Provide reference services in-person, virtually, and through research appointments, including evening and weekend shifts.
- Teach library instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Teaching for-credit class in rotation with other librarians.
- Participate in collection development and liaison program
- Provide leadership and oversight for virtual services, including email and chat reference services, online research guides, video tutorials, and service desk statistics.
- Collect and present usage statistics for virtual services.
- Responsible for establishing links and facilitating access to licensed products in collaboration with the Electronic Resources Librarian.
- Design and maintain Cascade web pages belonging collectively to the Reference Services Team.
- ALA-accredited or Georgia Board of Regents approved MLIS degree.
- Public service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience teaching library instruction or teaching in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Evidence of team participation in a work setting.
- Experience using instructional technologies and electronic resources.
As a regional comprehensive institution of the University System of Georgia, Valdosta State University (VSU) is a welcoming, aware, and vibrant community founded on and dedicated to serving our communities’ rich and diverse heritages. VSU is proud to have a highly diverse student body and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff. Through excellence in teaching, basic and applied research, and service, VSU provides rigorous programs and opportunities that enrich our students, our university, and our region. As such, the VSU mission consists of three interrelated parts that includes a student mission, university mission and regional mission. The university is equally dedicated to the core values of community, including a commitment to practice civility, integrity and citizenship. As members of this community and proud Blazers we strive to uphold these core values for the advancement of the University.
Online application is required and should be made by July 15, 2021. For more information contact Dr. Laura Wright, email@example.com or phone 229-333-5860. Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Library & Information Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta