Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Institute for Chemical Imaging of Living Systems (CILS) is an exciting new initiative at Northeastern University in Boston. The goal of the institute is to develop new chemical detection modalities based upon nanosensor technologies that allow visualization and quantification of chemical processes in animals. The team is composed of 20 Northeastern faculty working to leverage emerging opportunities in nanoprobe development, advanced imaging modalities, probe delivery, in vivo electronics, and in vivo imaging.
The CILS Postdoctoral Fellow will bridge projects between faculty members of the Institute, while being provided with the opportunity to receive grant funding to start their own project. This unique opportunity includes a generous salary and access to CILS resources. This fellowship is a two-year position.
- Plans and conducts day-to-day experimental activities relating to assigned research projects
- Uses professional concepts to contribute to the development of the lab technology base and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways
- Lab management, including oversight of undergraduate and/or graduate students, and runs training in various research methods
- Will contribute to scientific literature as well as research proposals and grant applications in collaboration with CILS members
- Assume primary responsibility for the development of his or her research and career with support from faculty, mentors, and active learning opportunities
- A recent PhD degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or a similar discipline
- Outstanding track record of high impact research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with experience working both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of MRI, two photon imaging, lightsheet microscopy, nanosensors, or genetic-coded probes is highly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in and experience with independent research, advanced scientific publication, and grant writing
Please upload a research summary along with your CV and Cover Letter.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505968