International Marketing Manager
International Marketing Manager
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The International Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, deploying, tracking and measuring integrated marketing strategies for degree program and audience-specific initiatives offered through Northeastern University for prospective international students and partners. Strategies must drive and support annual enrollment goals, increase awareness and contribute to the overall success of Northeastern University and its programs. Plans incorporate an integrated mix of appropriate tactics and media, such as online/web advertising, search engine marketing, direct mail, radio, social, web content, recruitment materials, etc. The International Marketing Manager works under the Senior Director of International Enrollment Management (IEM) and works closely with the enrollment performance marketing, college success and technology units, the marketing and recruitment teams for the Global Campuses and the larger enrollment management unit to meet goals for assigned projects and portfolios.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define the overall marketing strategy, messaging and
positioning for academic offerings as it pertains to
marketing/recruitment/pipeline nurture for prospective
international students for Northeastern University's Boston and
- Work with IEM leadership and field-based Northeastern resources
to develop and manage execution of international student marketing
plans through effective project management.
- Work closely with central and regional marketing managers to
maintain alignment across units.
- Effectively track and measure campaign success and ROI through
regular monitoring and reporting of data through the entire
enrollment funnel; from lead generation and nurturing through
- Work collaboratively with Enrollment Marketing team to ensure
that all marketing reflects consistent and timely on-brand messages
that are internationally relevant. Serve as local and global
branding subject matter expert to ensure consistent tone and
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external
university partners and manage local and global-focused marketing
- Utilize marketing automation tool (Marketo) and CRM
(Salesforce) to attract and nurture prospective students through
the enrollment process.
- Effectively manage the international marketing budget for
assigned degree programs, disciplines and initiatives.
- Coordinate with university communications team on any Public
Relations outreach and oversee any local/international PR
- Manage international website(s) and social media channels for
the campus. Manage web assets and social media tailored for
international student audiences.
- This is a position is based in Boston and will be responsible
for guiding the strategy for international enrollment
management-focused marketing initiatives for both the Boston campus
and the global campuses.
- Experience in working with marketing for international
prospects/students, including understanding of international
demographics and media, preferably within a higher education
- Experience working in an international setting with business
relationships and colleagues across countries and cultures strongly
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field with
a minimum of 4 years experience in marketing to an international
audience, preferably prospective international students. Higher
education experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing integrated
marketing strategies. Strong knowledge and experience in the
development and implementation of marketing strategies.
- Working knowledge and experience with a marketing automation
tool and CRM tool a plus. Marketo and Salesforce experience
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage
- Ability to think both analytically and strategically.
Understanding of key marketing analytics including conversion rates
- Experience with management of marketing budget.
- Flexible, creative thinker open to new ideas and changing
priorities within a fast-paced organization.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505974