Office Assistant WRI (UEC)
Office Assistant WRI (UEC)
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 501200
Work type: Auxiliary
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, Temporary, Part Time
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, “non-exempt”, part time, non-benefited position through 6/30/2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance). 1 position available.
$15.00 per hour.
San Bernardino, CA
The WRPI at Cal State San Bernardino is a place to convene, to study, to meet challenges and to solve problems related to the most critical of water issues, water resources. The employee will provide support to multiple staff members and report to the Program Manager. The primary purpose of the job is to assist the WRPI with its outreach, administrative operations, and multimedia tasks.
10 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 6/28/2021.
Under minimal supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Office Assistant will work independently to:
Office Assistant typical job duties:
Social Media/ manage websites for WRPI:
- Post jobs, internships, conferences, and student intern accomplishments on all WRPI social media accounts
- Cultivate relationships with social media accounts of relevant federal, state, and local water agency partners, all 23 CSU campuses, all 115 CA Community College (CCC) campuses, all relevant campus (CSU & CCC) student clubs and all appropriate professional associations
- Develop student and employer engagement activities through social media accounts
- Create and follow a schedule of program outreach to be promoted through social media
- Create, redesign, and update pages
- Upload and link various media files across websites
- Create and update calendar events, including pre and post event resources
Design graphic content and handle multimedia tasks:
- Design front covers and marketing materials
- Format documents
- Edit images and videos
- Upload YouTube videos
- Assist WRPI staff with day-to-day projects
- Work with event staff to assist in event setup and break down
- Provide assistance to off-campus guests during events
- Place and answer phone calls, provide customer service to partners and students
- Complete other duties as assigned/needed
- Create and update Personnel Transaction Reports
- Assists with Spanish translations of materials
- team player
- interpersonal skills
- willing to learn new skills
- ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and various office systems
- social media knowledge
- basic knowledge of graphic design programs
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu