Outreach Coordinator (UEC)
Outreach Coordinator (UEC)
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 501125
Work type: Auxiliary
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, Temporary, Full Time, Student Services, Counselor (Non-instructional Faculty)
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, “non-exempt”, benefited position through 6/30/2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
$3,300 - 4,425 per month
Project Rebound is a special admissions and student support program that supports the higher education and successful reintegration of the formerly incarcerated. By making higher education more accessible and supporting formerly incarcerated students to excel in a course of study, Project Rebound constructs an alternative to the revolving door policy of mass incarceration in order to empower formerly incarcerated students and their communities and increase community strength and safety. Project Rebound strives to provide each student with the individualized support that they need to succeed. In addition to providing direct wraparound services, Project Rebound acts as a liaison with services and programs on and off-campus and an advocate for people on campus and in the community.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 6/28/2021.
Under minimal supervision of the Program Director, the Outreach Coordinator will work independently to:
The Outreach Coordinator will possess the skill set to work independently with minimal supervision and complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. These tasks will include and are not limited to:
- Create a comprehensive list of local community colleges that support formerly incarcerated student clubs, and establish relationships with academic advisors, career center staff, and admission staff
- Maintain consistent bi-weekly meetings with formerly incarcerated student groups, academic advisors, and/or supportive staff at local community colleges to build enrollment pipelines.
- Attend monthly community meetings with re-entry organizations and orientate, recruit, and advise prospective students who are recently released from custody
- Create documents to present during classes, trainings, and seminars
- Network among campus, community, and consortium representatives
- Maintain familiarity with current and new state policies that address educational practices, funding and resources for formerly incarcerated and incarcerated students.
- Correspond with incarcerated students as needed to establish education planning, review transcripts and work closely with the CSUSB admission office to determine prospective student enrollment eligibility.
- Create and administer needs and risks assessment instruments
- Ensure students are in compliance with program and enrollment agreements/guidelines
- Provide referrals to students about available resources if determined to be beyond the scope of the Project Rebound program.
- Supervise student outreach team members and interns
- Maintain or supervise various social media accounts
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to work effectively with diverse partners in professional academic settings, community-based organizations, and corrections.
Experience working with currently and/or formerly incarcerated individuals.
Must be available to travel and work some evenings and weekends.
Must have reliable transportation and current California Driver's License with valid registration and insurance.
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough Live Scan and background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu