Assistant to the Director/Coordinator (ASC I) of Parking
Assistant to the Director/Coordinator (ASC I) of Parking & Transportation Services
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 500970
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The Parking and Transportation Services Department supports the University's mission of transforming lives; ensuring student learning and success by providing and managing access to CSUSB San Bernardino and Palm Desert campus; and managing the planning, design, and operation of the facilities and programs associated with parking, transit services, Ridesharing, carpooling, and various alternative transportation programs. The Department has approximately 20 full-time staff and 20 student assistants assigned under parking enforcement, parking administration, alternative transportation, and information centers. This position is crucial as it provides administrative support to the department and the Director.
Under general work direction of the Budget Analyst, lead, the incumbent performs a variety of administrative duties. Attention to detail is required in order to complete the assigned tasks. The incumbent must be able to work independently and follow through on assignments with the lead spot-checking for accuracy. The incumbent serves as the assistant to the Director of Parking and Transportation services and must effectively collaborate, establish and maintain cooperative work relationships within a diverse university community:
Support to Budget Analyst
Support to Department and Director
Employment Status: Full-time, “non-exempt”, probationary position (with the possibility of converting to permanent).
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed beginning June 29, 2021.
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The work schedule consists of shift work including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
Education and Experience
- The applicant must possess a minimum of a high school diploma and the equivalent to three (3) years of experience in general office clerical work is required along with a thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Experience using, T2 FLEX CashNet, PeopleSoft, ParkMobile, VenTek, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Prior experience managing and scheduling appointments on behalf of supervisor or manager.
- Experience with handling confidential information on day to day basis.
- Knowledge or experience with ProCard purchases.
- Time-keeper experience.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,064.00 - $3,100.00 monthly
Classification Range: $3,064.00 - $5,148.00 monthly
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu