Pratt Institute is seeking a General Mechanic to join its Facilities Management Team who will maintain Pratt's buildings and facilities in a clean, safe and appropriate manner. The successful candidate will perform repairs and maintenance of facilities and equipment. If you have hands-on experience in any two of these trades: electrical, carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, or painting, and experience in maintenance, repair, and installation, then this could be a great opportunity for you!
Key Essential Duties include the following:
- Perform assigned general maintenance duties required to maintain and repair campus buildings, structures, machinery, and equipment, involving some skill in carpentry, plumbing, painting, and/or the electrical or mechanical trades
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance to buildings and facilities
- Conduct routine inspections of facilities, including interior and exterior building structure, windows, doors, lighting, ceiling, fire equipment, boilers, electrical, HVAC, equipment controls, and all systems and components
- Schedule, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance and repairs to buildings and facilities including carpentry, painting, hardware and locks, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, generators, equipment controls, and the moving of furniture and equipment.
- Snow and ice removal
- Respond to work orders for troubleshooting, repair and feedback to Supervisor
- Coordinate licensed inspections as required
- Assist Senior Managers and Lead Mechanics with maintaining tools and inventory, maintaining logs and materials required for work orders and their completion status, inspect building machinery and equipment to ensure proper functioning, and responding to all emergency repairs including after work hours, weekends, and holidays
- General Mechanic will be responsible to make emergency repairs within area of knowledge and responsibility
To apply, please visit: https://apply.interfolio.com/85627
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.