Main Campus - Boston, MA
The Program Specialist provides administrative and operational support to the Faculty Program Director(s) of individual online undergraduate programs. This newly created role will oversee day-to-day academic operations for specific online undergraduate program(s) while serving as a main support contact for matriculated students. The position reports to the Director of Operations in the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences (COCIS), but also will support the academic operations teams and the Faculty Program Director(s) for the Gwen Ifill College of Media, Arts and Humanities and the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences (CNBHS). This position will also serve as a member of each College's professional support team, liaising with the Provost's Office and other campus offices supporting the success of online undergraduate programs.
The ideal candidate will understand the needs of adult learners, maintain a strong constituent focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain and enhance professional/job competency.
For more information about the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences, see COCIS website.
For more information about the Gwen Ifill College of Media, Arts, and Humanities, see Ifill College website.
For more information about the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences, see CNBHS website.
Program Operations (50%)
- Oversee the day-to-day administration of online undergraduate
program(s), including serving as the primary administrative contact
for internal constituents.
- Develop and maintain systems to track course scheduling, course
development and revision, enrollments, and faculty course leads and
- Monitor instructional offerings, including liaising with 2U and
troubleshooting as necessary.
- Assist Faculty Program Director in forecasting course, budget,
and staffing needs, and preparing an annual report of program
- Liaise with other online program specialists and University
administrators overseeing online undergraduate programs.
Faculty Support (20%)
- Serve as a primary administrative contact for faculty course
leads and section instructors.
- Monitor faculty training, course development and revision, and
instructional delivery. Connect faculty to technical and
pedagogical support resources as necessary.
- Assist with identifying, hiring, and onboarding of section
instructors and issuing and tracking course lead
- Maintain instructor guide and other faculty resources. Work
with Faculty Program Director and Faculty Course Leads to update as
Student Support (15%)
- Serve as primary administrative contact for matriculated
- Track and monitor faculty advisors.
- Coordinate new student orientation sessions.
- Maintain program website.
Budget Support (10%)
- Monitor and administer day-to-day budget responsibilities,
including expense processing, invoices, reconciliations, and supply
- Track program and prepare reports as needed.
- Assist Director of Operations, academic unit head, and Faculty
Program Director with budget planning.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of work experience in an operations,
finance, project management, or academic programming
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, and proven
experience taking initiative and having ownership of
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google Apps, and
a strong ability to learn new systems, especially web-based
applications and learning tools
- Excellent communication, analytical thinking, and
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of
collaboration, professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment,
diplomacy, and tact
- Ability to multitask, adapt to changing priorities, and meet
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations within
- Prior experience in higher education academic
- Experience with online learning and common software, including
MS Excel experience with advanced formulas, pivot tables, and
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Program-Specialist_R07259
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.