Chief of Pediatric Neuropsychology
Chief of Pediatric Neuropsychology
College/School/Unit: Dell Medical School
Posted: Dec 17, 2020
Apply By: Open until filled
The Department of Neurology at The University of Texas (UT) at Austin Dell Medical School (DMS) has an immediate opening for Chief of Pediatric Neuropsychology within the Division of Neuropsychology to join UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences (UTPN) at Dell Children's Medical Center (DCMC). UTPN is a multi-disciplinary clinical neuroscience program through DCMC that operates a broad spectrum of inpatient and outpatient pediatric services in Neurosurgery, Neurology, Neuropsychology, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
The Division of Neuropsychology at DMS is comprised of three adult and eight pediatric neuropsychologists who practice in medical and surgical programs through UT Health Austin and DCMC. Pediatric neuropsychology at DCMC enjoys strong institutional support and close program ties to other neuroscience specialties through centers of excellence in the areas of epilepsy, traumatic brain injury/concussion, neuromuscular disease, headache, neurodevelopmental disorders, and more. The Chief of Pediatric Neuropsychology will have both clinical and administrative responsibilities as well as a role on the faculty of the Division's post-doctoral fellowship program. The clinical focus of the position can be determined based upon the interests of the candidate. A successful chief candidate is expected to have excellent managerial and team building skills that include effective communication, collaborative decision making, and responsiveness to the members of the team and needs of the healthcare community. Expertise in program development is expected as the position will require close collaboration with clinical leaders in Neurology, Neurosurgery, and PM&R to establish interdisciplinary teams and promote innovative care delivery models. Clinical research experience is preferred, and there are multiple opportunities for academic collaboration with clinicians and researchers at the medical center and UT-Austin.
As part of UT-Austin, one of the nation's leading research universities, Dell Medical School pursues innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education. It is the fifth medical school in the UT System and the first medical school established in nearly five decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading public and private research universities. An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private, has already been made to enable the development and success of the Dell Medical School. The School is partnering closely with the community and regional healthcare providers and payers to provide new models for health promotion, healthcare delivery, and clinical care for the community's underserved population.
- Serve as a clinical content expert on the neuropsychological aspects of cognitive impairment for UTPN
- Coordinate the design and implementation of neuropsychological services within UTPN
- Participate in strategic planning and other efforts directly tied to program development and growth of UTPN
- Assist in the creation of infrastructure for assessing cognition within the framework of value-based and patient-centered care
- Develop partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals, and ancillary providers in Austin and Central Texas
- Train and mentor students, residents and fellows on new models of care and clinical practice
- Develop and foster an atmosphere of scientific and academic inquiry in conjunction with trainees and researchers within multidisciplinary team
- Collaborate with other schools at UT-Austin and across The University of Texas system on multidisciplinary, value-based care models
- Actively participate in the respective academic department of the candidate and abide by all required Departmental policies
- Eligible for appointment as Associate Professor or Professor
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. required from an APA- or CPA-accredited program in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology or related field
- Current state licensure as required, or license-eligible
- Expertise in working with infants, children and adolescents
- Post-doctoral training in neuropsychology, with specific experience in pediatric neuropsychology
- Board-certified in Clinical Neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
- Record of leadership and achievement
- 7 years of clinical experience in neuropsychology with infants, children and adolescents
- Experience with value-based care delivery and integrated practice models
- Experience delivering care through a multidisciplinary team
- Documented evidence of interest and experience in generating research related to the practice and/or science of neuropsychology
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a summary of their professional interests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/68222