Assistant/Associate Professor Department of Primary Care
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Type: Regular Full-Time
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for a
Primary Care Faculty (FT)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
RVU offers a full benefits package that included 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be an active faculty member in the Department of Primary Care Medicine through participation in teaching, clinical work, service, and scholarly activities at RVUCOM-Southern Utah.
Essential Job Functions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Actively participate in the education and instruction of medical students, while providing mentorship and motivation for learning, research, and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory experience, and research opportunities.
- Provide professional and clinical services in ascertained clinical settings consistent with training and degree as assigned by administration and chair. This includes accurate and timely documentation and billing for services, as well as sharing call and other after-hour duties related to patient care.
- Maintain regular office hours for student advising, tutoring, and consultation.
- Provide service to the university community and students through serving on COM and department committees, and participating in community outreach events and in professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Department Vice Chair or Department Chair.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students, as well as provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that each student meets the college's established standards in medical knowledge, skills and competency.
- Participate in the faculty development program, which includes assessing and providing feedback on the didactics delivered by fellow faculty members.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and community, scholarly activity, and research.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to assist RVU in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties, providing patient care, service, other special duties as assigned, and in your own personal career advancement.
- Other duties as assigned by the SU Campus Dean or his/her designee.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Demonstrate proficient medical knowledge and skills in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the use of electronic health records.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the application of osteopathic principles and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
Marginal Job Functions
- Terminal degree (MD or DO) with current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization.
- Academic and teaching experience at a medical school or in a Graduate Medical Education program.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research or education.
- Eligible for medical license and all required certificates in the state of Utah.
- Eligible for coverage by university's malpractice insurer if applicable.
- Academic and teaching experience at a college of osteopathic medicine.
- More than 2 (two) years of academic or clinical teaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in clinical, professional or educational settings.
- Prior experience and proficiency in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and/or hospital medicine.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all position at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.