EMS Program Director
Galveston College is a comprehensive institution, which places primary emphasis on excellence in classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their employment at the College. The EMS program Director will be responsible for updating and creating curriculum for EMT, Advanced EMT and Paramedic programs. As well as to instruct students both in the class room and on-line. To advise students on academics. Daily administrative duties to run the program. To hire part-time instructors to insure classes coverage.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of clinical experience as a paramedic.
- Must hold a Texas paramedic certification/ licensure.
- Must be EMS Course Coordinator or eligible.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate learning effectively and work collaboratively.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, class assignments and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to students and respond to questions from individuals as well as groups of students and chairs/directors.
- Demonstrated commitment to the centrality of teaching and learning in a student centered environment bolstered by effective student outcome measures;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interaction with students, peers, administration and staff.
- Master's degree and experience as a paramedic instructor.
- Experience in application for or renewal of CoAEMSP accreditation.