IT Technical Support Analyst (ITS 2)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin on Wednesday, June 30th so applications should be submitted by that time for guaranteed consideration.
Bemidji State University (BSU) and NORTHWEST TECHNCIALL COLLEGE (NTC) invite applicants to join our team as the Technical Support Analyst. BSU and NTC provide a rigorous academic environment with the opportunity to enjoy a fun, robust, outdoor culture. The proximity to the lake and the surrounding north woods allows easy access to an assortment of recreation. BSU and NTC are members of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities.
BSU’s vision is to educate people to lead inspired lives. To accomplish BSU’s vision, the University prioritizes creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. BSU also prioritizes increasing engagement with Indigenous communities to become a destination university. BSU enrolls around 5,000 students and offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values include civic engagement and leadership, international and multicultural understanding, belief in the power of the liberal arts, and environmental stewardship.
NTC has prepared students for fulfilling careers in high-demand
fields for more than 50 years. The college’s accessible,
affordable, hands-on programs also help the region’s employers meet
their ever-growing need for a highly skilled workforce. NTC serves
more than 1,000 students with an excellent education, an
open-enrollment policy and affordable tuition. Students may pursue
nearly 40 degree, diploma and certificate programs in six distinct
career paths. Classes are offered on campus, online, or as a
combination of both.
The Technical Support Analyst provides technical support for both Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College students and employees. This position administers multiple software solutions, provides training, creates technical documentation for end users, conducts research, and develops and recommends new technologies and policy improvements.
Responsibilities of the Technical Support Analyst include:
- Providing timely telephone, electronic and in-person support and problem resolution for BSU and NTC employees and students regarding all IT issues. Supported by the accurate and detailed use of ITSM tools, the Analyst defines, researches, analyzes and documents problems to determine appropriate course of actions for rapid resolution. Position is responsible for escalating tickets to other technical experts as appropriate, and coordinating and delegating tasks to student employees. Support resolution and status will be relayed to clients and captured and maintained in the ITS knowledgebase system for referral. Percent of Time: 45%
- Administering enterprise level software solutions including, but not limited to, the IT Service Management software, Qualtrics, and O365 products for BSU and NTC campuses. Responsible for: the setup, troubleshooting and maintenance of these software solutions; adding and removing users and devices; insuring security protocols are adhered to and solutions are up to date; ensuring licensing is accurate and is renewed on a timely basis; communicating software changes or issues; and training users. Based on consultations with campus stakeholders, the Analyst reviews and recommends improvements and goals to the IT service catalog and service-level agreements. Following ITIL best practices, the Analyst creates value through the identification of process improvement lifecycles, particularly related to IT service management. Percent of Time: 35%
- Creating internal and external (public) documentation of technical procedures for use by BSU and NTC communities. Clear, coherent, and concise documentation will be organized and maintained in the knowledge system based on established style guidelines. Knowledge base articles will be made available to relevant communities and will be searchable and referable. In addition, the Technical Support Analyst will assist with training of faculty, staff, and students by use of in person or web-based training methods. Percent of Time: 10%
- Researching, developing, and recommending new technologies and policy improvements. Prepares documentation to share with leadership teams, technicians, and clients. Makes recommendations and assists with implementation of improved work methods for Tech Support and assists in training end users as technology evolves. Ensures BSU and NTC adapt successfully to an ever-changing technological environment. Percent of Time: 5%
- Performing other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner. Percent of Time: 5%
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree, technical college degree, or two years of professional experience in the Information Technology field.
- Previous IT service-desk experience.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer platforms including Apple and Windows OS, printers, mobile devices, and peripherals, sufficient to analyze, solve or recommend solutions.
- Working knowledge of network and server concepts and protocols sufficient to diagnose or troubleshoot issues.
- Working knowledge of a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office and Internet applications sufficient to analyze, solve or recommend solutions.
- Experience and ability to effectively manage medium to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong interpersonal verbal and communications skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with ITSM administration.
- ITIL/ITSM Certification or familiarity working in ITIL environment.
- IT certifications (e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert - MCSE, AppleCare Technician training, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience working in a higher education or corporate support desk environment.
- Demonstrated ongoing IT professional development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in, or experience with, diverse cultures and populations.
For more details: https://bemidjistate.peopleadmin.com/
Apply for Vacancy Posting 46546, on the Minnesota Management and Budget website: http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers
Inquiries about the position:
Marie Bock, IT Infrastructure and Development Supervisor
Phone: (218) 755-2250
If you have general questions about this posting or submitting an application, contact Teresa Hanson at email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Up to $29,000 Full Time jobs in Bemidji