Human Resources Generalist I
Performs activities in one or several human resource management fields such as benefits, compensation, on-boarding, personnel research, recruiting, and training.Responsibilities
Typical Allocation of Duties:
Employment and on-boarding - 20%
Perform employee recruitment, screening, interviewing, on-boarding, and orientation functions.
Prepare human resources documents -
Prepare job profiles, benefits brochures, employee handbooks, and other materials as directed.
Maintain and compile data - 20%
Maintain and compile data in human resources information systems.
Employee relations - 10%
Advise employees, supervisors, and managers regarding employee relations policy and programs. Counsel employees and managers regarding work-related issues.
Assist with plans, policies, and procedures -
Assist in the formulation of staffing plans and personnel policies and procedures.
Benefit management - 10%
Perform benefit management functions. Counsel and enroll employees in benefits programs. Maintain benefit records.
Training and risk management - 10%
Administer employee training and risk management functions.
Other duties - 10%
Perform other human resources related functions as assigned.
- Conduct onboarding processes for all new hired employees with last name starting with M-Z. Partner with departments for related on-boarding activities to ensure that new employees receive appropriate assistance. Complete all steps for hiring employee in the systems or record (Compliance Center, I-9 Management, OneUSG, and Laserfiche). Communicate with departments regarding any discrepancies and follow up to ensure accuracy. Maintains employees’ personnel files as directed by the University, System Office and governing agencies.
- Register new employees with last name starting with M-Z for compliance and required training courses in BlazeVIEW and Employee Training Database. Complete HR checklist, Schedule follow up appointments for all new hired employees with last name starting with M-Z.
- Conduct out processing procedures for all employees with last name starting with M-Z, and be repository for departments that have sever access from terminated employees. Update and maintain out processing procedures as necessary.
- Perform daily maintenance and update transactions for all employees with last name starting with M-Z. Transactions include, but are not limited to, pay adjustments, reclassifications, transfers, supplemental pay and promotions.
- Support HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Support Onboarding Manager with New Employee Orientation and Mentorship Program.
- Assist Onboarding Manager with various research and/or special projects.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and/or the onboarding team.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Assist with Front Desk duties when needed.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of related work experience.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Position May Require Credit Check (if using P-Card, working with Cash, etc.).
Position Requires completion of VSU’s Annual Compliance Training course (such as State Business Transactions, Drug Free Workplace, Anti-Harassment Policy, Introduction to Information Security, Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Policy, USG Ethics Policy, Conflict of Interest/ Outside Activities Policy, Leave Procedures for Faculty and Staff, Georgia Open Records Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Contracts 101. Supervisory positions require training in FMLA and Worker’s Compensation.