Business and Operations Manager
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
The California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) is developing programs for and in mainland China in order to extend its educational mission abroad. This work is called the CalArts China Initiative (CalArts China).
Extending our work in China will allow for the CalArts mission to be accessible to a greater number of Chinese students and will foster opportunities for cultural exchange and collaboration through the arts. CalArts is developing curricula and programming that targets Chinese students, can be offered bilingually in Mandarin and English, and fuses the Institute’s innovative and cross-disciplinary pedagogy with the needs of the Chinese educational and professional context.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Chief of Staff to the President, the Business & Operations Manager (B&OM) will provide administrative support and business oversight for the initiative and insure adherence with Institute policies and procedures. The position will be the primary support for the management of this initiative’s operations and budget in Valencia, CA. The B&OM will do this by coordinating all business functions with relevant CalArts offices and systems, including but not limited to, payroll, personnel, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the formation and recording of quarterly goals to ensure the initiative continues to make progress.
- Support faculty and Institute leadership to maximize their focus on the initiative’s activities by managing and implementing assigned financial and/or administrative support services
- Collaborate with various departments, faculty, and staff to obtain and provide relevant financial and business data
- Prepare all funds budgets, including gathering historical information, providing analysis and quality control. Help the initiative, including faculty, research and analyze funding challenges and opportunities and present possible options as required
- Assess the level of financial and non-financial resources available for the initiative to achieve its goals, e.g., funding, space, technology, staff capabilities, and capacity.
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls for the program consistent with Institute practices
- Communicate external regulatory requirements in a timely manner to constituents and ensure they are met
- Work with CalArts internal and external counsel to manage relevant legal concerns for the Initiative, including: assisting in identifying areas of concern and soliciting guidance on matters such as international tax laws, HR, and contracts, as well as track legal correspondence, billing, and paperwork.
- Track licensing and IP registered under CalArts or CalArts China and monitor relevant markets and educational spaces for possible infringements or disputes
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of related experience including demonstrated leadership, project management, and/or supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Thorough working knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, and analysis, preferred: fund accounting. Experience preparing budgets, forecasts, and financial plans; experience integrating multiple pieces of financial information to identify themes, trends, and issues. Demonstrated experience in managing relationships and influencing outcomes. Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in a complex organization.
Specific to this Initiative, excellent written and verbal command of both Mandarin Chinese and English, and the ability to translate between them, is required.
Excellent general written and oral communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to address the needs of individuals at all levels throughout the Institute. Ability to negotiate skillfully with both internal and external constituents.
Ability to anticipate changes in the business environment and proactively manage change. Demonstrated understanding of internal control concepts and the implementation of internal control systems.
CPA, MBA or an advanced degree is a plus.
Apply for Business and Operations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Santa Clarita
- Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Santa Clarita
- Other Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Santa Clarita
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Santa Clarita
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Santa Clarita