The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health
and well-being of all research animals used in the pursuit of
scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of
Medicine. CCM provides the highest quality veterinary and animal
care and acts as a resource for the faculty on veterinary and
scientific issues relating to the use of laboratory animals. This
position provides routine animal care and handling for a diverse
group of small research animals according to established procedures
With minimal supervision, this position will be responsible for
receiving and processing tissue specimens from laboratory animals.
The primary working environment is a research laboratory. This role
requires professional communication with lab staff and primary
- Communicates with Pathologist and Primary Investigators.
- Receives samples and logs into the lab's histology submission
- Processes and embeds histology samples.
- Follows various slide staining protocols to produce quality
slides in a timely manner.
- Places orders for laboratory reagents and supplies.
- Graduate of a Histologic Technician AAS program, accredited by
the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- One year of experience in Histology.
- Eligible for certification with the American Society of
Clinical Pathologists-Board of Registry (ASCP-BOR).
- Bachelors of Histotechnology or Science degree.
- Certification as a Histotechnician (HT) or (HTL).
- Experience in immunohistochemistry staining.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.