Histology Technician II
The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health and well-being of all research animals used in the pursuit of scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of Medicine. CCM provides the highest quality veterinary and animal care and acts as a resource for the faculty on veterinary and scientific issues relating to the use of laboratory animals. This position provides routine animal care and handling for a diverse group of small research animals according to established procedures and standards.
With minimal supervision, this position will be responsible for receiving and processing tissue specimens from laboratory animals. The primary working environment is a research laboratory. This role requires professional communication with lab staff and primary investigators.
- Communicates with Pathologist and Primary Investigators.
- Receives samples and logs into the lab's histology submission portal.
- Processes and embeds histology samples.
- Follows various slide staining protocols to produce quality slides in a timely manner.
- Places orders for laboratory reagents and supplies.
- Graduate of a Histologic Technician AAS program, accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
- One year of experience in Histology.
- Eligible for certification with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists-Board of Registry (ASCP-BOR).
- Bachelors of Histotechnology or Science degree.
- Certification as a Histotechnician (HT) or (HTL).
- Experience in immunohistochemistry staining.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.