Research Technician III
The candidate will support all aspects of the DSS(discrete subaortic stenosis) study. The key roles of the successful candidate will be to undertake genomic and proteomic studies of tissue biopsies. In addition, the candidate will support studies related to the application of controlled shear stress to endocardial endothelial cells.
Performs the routine elements of research work that requires the use of skills, technical and academic knowledge to follow established procedures and record results.
- The candidate will be responsible for RNA and protein isolation from tissue specimens.
- The candidate will isolate, culture and expand endocardial endothelial cells.
- The candidate will assemble and use plate and cone bioreactors for the application of shear stress to cell monolayers.
- The candidate will evaluate and assess genomic and proteomic data from the tissue biopsies.
- The candidate will also support the preparation and submission of scientific papers and grant applications.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- M Sc. in Cell Biology or related field in the life sciences.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston