Auxiliary Services Corporation Director
Auxiliary Services Corporation Director
Salary: $75,000 - $80,000
This position will be hired through Auxiliary Services Corporation and will not be eligible for benefits through MVCC. Auxiliary Services Corporation (ASC) is that division of a college whose operations furnish a variety of goods and services for the support of the institution's educational program. The MVCC Auxiliary Services Corporation is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment. This is a full time position at Auxiliary Services Corporation (ASC) office on the Utica campus of MVCC.
The Auxiliary Services Corporation (ASC) Director is r esponsible for providing emotionally-intelligent, inclusive, strengths-based leadership to inspire and support others in maximizing resources and identifying solutions to meet the needs of the College and community while serving in a manner that is welcoming, friendly, respectful, cooperative and collaborative. The ASC Director provides dynamic and entrepreneurial leadership for the entire operation of the organization including, but not limited to, budget preparation, planning, organizing, directing and maintaining the efficient operation of the Auxiliary Services Corporation (ASC) in response to the needs of the College as well as the vision, mission and strategic plan of the ASC. The ASC Director serves as a liaison between the College and various outside organizations including food service, vending companies, soft drink vendors and College Store operators. The ASC Director d evelops and communicates department objectives, selects, trains, develops and evaluates department personnel in accordance with ASC policy and good management practice.
- Provides inclusive strengths-based leadership to ASC staff that collaboratively serves other organizations through consistent, emotionally-intelligent practice and engagement through shared governance;
- Develops and maintains financial systems capable of supporting all operating functions of ASC and related entities it serves;
- Develops an annual operating budget and provides regular status reports to the ASC Board of Directors regarding any deviations or potential problems with recommendations for corrective action;
- Oversees the operations of the ASC and ensures a consistently high standard of customer service throughout the organization;
- Selects, trains and supervises directly or indirectly all ASC personnel in a manner that reflects the core values of the College;
- Prepares the annual budget for the ASC and presents to the Board of Directors for review and approval;
- Provides support in the preparation of the Dormitory Corporation budget and provides support to the Dean for Student Life throughout the Board of Director’s review and approval process;
- Prepares and organizes productive board meetings that include regular reports to the Board of Directors on the condition of the Corporation’s services, programs and business;
- Reviews ASC and Dormitory Corporation financial statements prepared by other ASC personnel;
- Develops long range plans consistent with the overall objectives of the Corporation and the College;
- Follows, sets or establishes specific policies, procedures and programs to implement the general goals and missions of the Corporation and the College;
- Coordinates with brokers and agencies appropriate insurance coverage, claims and required reporting and information needed for ASC and the Dormitory Corporation;
- Ensures all funds, physical assets and other property of the Corporation are appropriately safeguarded and administered;
- Acts as liaison, contract manager, advisor to College administrators, and/or monitors between contractors/vendors, ASC, Dormitory Corporation and College. Contractors/vendors may include those relative to the College Store, campus food service and dining hall, vending and soft drink exclusivity. The level of engagement with each contract may differ from the others.
- Monitors all contracts and works to align and leverage them so as to provide maximum service and product offerings to the College community. Works with key stakeholders to communicate the College’s interest;
- Consistently scans the operating environment and identifies entrepreneurial ventures to consider as additional revenue streams to increase capacity of the organization;
- Supports the operations of the College;
- Maintains a high degree of visibility in all areas under his/her operational control to facilitate feedback and analyze effectiveness of existing policies and procedures;
- Performs other comparable and related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Administrative Services at MVCC and/or President of the ASC Board.
MANAGERIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Ensures employees understand assigned responsibilities, have accurate job descriptions and meets the qualifications of the position;
- Supports employees in all efforts to live the core values of the College in their regular interactions and work;
- Identifies and resolves problems, ensuring two-way communications at all levels;
- Keeps abreast of developments pertinent to work activities by participation in seminars, workshops, membership in professional organizations, review of publications and, when necessary, independent study;
- Communicates effectively by providing clear priorities for ASC personnel and meaningful responses to any and all stakeholder questions;
- Works as a partner with contractors/vendors to support their success;
- Promotes systems thinking and collaboratives problem solving within the organization.
ASC supports the mission of MVCC by providing essential non-academic services and financial support, with outstanding service, quality products and a unique experience while adapting to changing demands. ASC adds value to MVCC with efficiency, transparency, accountability, and entrepreneurial thinking, while demonstrating responsibility for our environment and community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five to seven years of progressive supervisory experience
- Experience in retail management and/or food service management
- Experience in the field of municipal and/or fund accounting,
- Experience with SCT Banner for financial management in accounting
- Experience in higher education accounting, ideally in auxiliary services
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 6/27/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica