Position Details: Randolph-Macon College invites applications for a Lecturer Position in the Department of Economics, Business, and Accounting to begin September 2021 or January 2022.
Institution Information: Randolph-Macon College, founded in 1830, is a selective, primarily residential liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 students located in the northern suburbs of Richmond, Virginia. It is 90 miles south of Washington, DC and 15 miles north of Richmond. The College seeks employees committed to advancing inclusion and equity and to cultivating a community that welcomes all people, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression. Of special interest are candidates who can further the College’s efforts to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The department offers majors in Accounting, Economics, and Business as well as minors in Accounting and Economics. The major in business requires a common core of courses in all three disciplines and additional courses from one of three concentrations: Management, Finance, or International Commerce.
Major/Essential Functions: Randolph-Macon College faculty teach, advise, and serve the college and department. Primary teaching responsibilities will include Foundations of Business, Organizational Behavior and/or Operations, Management, and contributions to general education.
- A master’s degree in business administration, operations management, organizational behavior, or a closely related discipline;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching;
- Evidence of a commitment to undergraduate teaching and student advising;
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to pedagogical methods that enable students across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups to reach their maximum potential.
- Progress toward or completion of a doctoral degree will be viewed favorably;
Application Procedures: To apply, please send the following as a single pdf document to Sabrina Granderson, Administrative Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with Business Lecturer as the subject line.
The documents that must be uploaded include the following:
- Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A brief (one page) statement of teaching philosophy;
- A brief (one page) statement describing past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Transcripts (scanned copies acceptable); and
- The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and teaching effectiveness; please indicate the teaching reference in your letter of application). Please do not ask references to submit letters of recommendation; the committee will conduct reference checks by phone.
Review of applications will begin upon receipt and will continue until the position is filled.
Incomplete applications will not be considered by the search committee.
Randolph-Macon College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Apply for Business Lecturer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland