Cyber Security Specialist
Vacancy Number: S-00730 Position Title: Cyber Security Specialist Classification Title: Senior Programmer Analyst Department: Information Technology Services Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for information cyber security analysis & response with the mission of protecting AUM from data loss risks and common threat actors.
• Design, develop and implement solutions to IT security requirements focusing on Data Loss Prevention and related data loss risks
• Prevent, detect, analyze, and respond to threat activity (internal or external), information system vulnerabilities, and cyber incidents
• Provide file analysis reports, risk and threat evaluation, after action reports and summaries, and other situational awareness information to CIO and other stakeholders
• Provide technical support, analysis, and recommendations in areas such as: Perimeter Defense Efficacy; Malicious Software (Malware) Analysis; Attack vector analysis; Computer Host Based Defense; Insider Threat; Risk Analysis and Readiness; Strategic Planning Analysis
• Oversee network and host-based forensics and malware analysis
• Participate with Enterprise Risk Management team to ensure proper identification of policy issues/violations
• Assist in security-related incident communications and response activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Threat Vector Analysis, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Incident Management and Response, Risk Assessment and Mitigation methodologies, and Counter Threat Operations
• Knowledge of cyber security threats, risks, vulnerabilities and attacks, to include threat actor motives, capabilities, and techniques, with the ability to analyze intelligence data and provide indicators and warnings to healthcare and financial services business functions
• Knowledge of information security concepts and theory, and the application of such through technical and non-technical methods
• Knowledge of current and emerging security and information technology standards and practices.
• Knowledge and experience in security operations, host-based forensic analysis, malware analysis, and threat response
• Ability to maintain proficiency in OS platforms, including Linux, Unix, Windows and AIX
• Ability to work under stress/pressure to meet deliverables, timetables and deadlines
• Ability to respond to multiple competing demands
• Ability to continuously learn and keep abreast of technological trends
• Ability to manage project activities
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field and four (4) years of experience in industry experience in an information technology mission critical area. Experience can be substituted for education.
Job Open Date: 06/15/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 108 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
While this position is opened until filled, Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Auburn University at Montgomery has been ranked among the South’s top universities by U.S. News and World Report, was named one of the best colleges in the Southeast by The Princeton Review, is designated as a Military Friendly School, and is consistently chosen as the best university in the area. Auburn Montgomery provides students with detailed knowledge and hands-on, practical experience, often from professionals in the field.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4740 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery