Computer Application Specialist
Vacancy Number: S-00729 Position Title: Computer Application Specialist Classification Title: Computer Applications Specialist Department: Information Technology Services Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer & maintain vital ITS servers with a focus on Active Directory Management as well as MS Exchange email to include Office 365 and Barracuda Security Gateway management.
• Support users with Microsoft 365 applications and manage licensing, installations, and basic training (Office applications, Teams, SharePoint).
• Patch and secure Exchange in accordance with enterprise security policies.
• Support faculty, staff, and students with and Microsoft Outlook email system.
• Support campus in installation and management of digital signage.
• Coordinate a multitude of ITS application projects; their development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
• Develop and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of guidelines for new and existing university products/solutions.
• Assist the Chief Information Officer in the development of “computer applications systems” decisions; advise the Chief Information Officer of new technologies and opportunities for the University.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• In-depth understanding and working knowledge of on-premises Exchange 2013/2016/2019 as well as cloud based Office 365
• Knowledge and experience with large MS Exchange and Active Directory environments and configurations
• Knowledge of PowerShell commands and scripting
• Experience with Active Directory, specifically group policy, remote access administration, and terminal services
• Knowledge of universally accepted IT policies and practices
• Knowledge of advanced computer applications
• Knowledge of institutional computer applications
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of Anti-virus software
• Oral & written communications skills
• Ability to apply acceptable computer applications
• Ability to diagnose and correct software and hardware problems
• Ability to provide technical advice
• Working knowledge of SharePoint
• Working knowledge of Portal applications
• Working knowledge of backup procedures
• Working knowledge of storage arrays
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area and four (4) years of related work experience. Related certification is preferred.
Job Open Date: 06/15/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 106 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4739 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or
related area and four (4) years of related work experience?
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery