Woodbury University invites applications
for an Adjunct Faculty to join the College of Liberal Arts in
Burbank, California. The Department of Mathematics and Sciences at
Woodbury University is looking for experienced part-time faculty
with a background in mathematics and statistics to teach lower
division classes starting FALL 2021 semester.
This appointment is for part-time employment and includes
eligibility to participate in medical plans, 403(b) supplemental
plan, and access to the tuition-remission benefit on a proportional
basis. Eligibility is after 30 days of service on the first of the
- Syllabus and class preparation
- Instruction during scheduled course times
- Availability to students for consultation and assistance as
needed outside of class
- Evaluation of student performance (e.g., grading papers, exams,
- Regular evaluation of students’ work, including prompt
communication of performance on assignments
- Submission of final grades to the Registrar’s Office, which is
currently completed via Woodbury University Self- Service
We ask all faculty members to assess students’ work early and
often with a minimum of three written assessments for the semester.
Your class may be designated as a Core Competency assessment
course, in which case you will be required to submit course work
and align your content with University rubrics. You may also need
to meet periodically with your supervisor during the academic term
regarding matters related to your employment.
- Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics,
Statistics or related field is preferred.
- Experience managing class rosters and attendance.
- Being able to create lesson plans, actively conduct lessons,
assess student learning, and report results in a timely
- Classroom engagement skills with experience teaching
- Being able to conduct lessons online in platforms, e.g.
- Classes are conducted in person or in hybrid teaching format of
in-person and remote.
- College level teaching experience in statistics is a plus.
Experience with SPSS, Excel, or R is a plus.
APPLICATION: All documents should be sent
electronically to the Human Resources Office and include:
- Current resume/CV which lists educational and employment
- List of college-level mathematics and statistics courses
- Letters of recommendation are a plus.
All application materials must be submitted through
the Woodbury University Job Board.
Email applications and submissions on third party platforms will
not be considered.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating
diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for
all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution
committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs.
All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made
on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability,
skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, political orientation, disability,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic
information, membership or non-membership in any lawful
organization, or any other protected status.