Campus Parking Events Coordinator
This position oversees daily operations of the office, supervises student workers, provides support to event managers and support staff, & works events when necessary. This position forecasts and creates an event budget, staffing, and parking action plans for all Arts and Life Science departments and student-led campus groups (i.e. UMC and Recreation Center). This position works with the customer and affected departments to ensure a well-planned, safe, and great experience for all event attendees and event hosts. During the event, this position is responsible for managing staff and coordinating operations before, during, and after the event. This position is also responsible for capturing and compiling relative data via metrics during the event and reporting them to department leadership on a monthly basis. Additionally, the incumbent will also supervise a sub-group of event supervisors and parking lot attendants and will assist in managing operations for all large signature events. This position is responsible for establishing an estimate, billing the customer, and accounting for all costs associated with managing the event.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Strategy (FBS) at the University of Colorado Boulder. The FBS goal is to provide innovative customer service and revenue focused solutions to support our campus and local community clients. Parking Services ensures our collective success by supporting the University of Colorado Boulder’s strategic goals, supporting and investing in our workforce, meeting our fiscal responsibilities as a self-funded university business and planning for a sustainable future.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Disseminate important unit communications to event support staff regarding upcoming meetings or policy changes along with permit holder notifications for major events.
- Send out daily Events reports to necessary groups and keep the Event Parking calendar up-to-date.
- Responsible for the Events & Enforcement Unit’s office supply inventories, and maintaining adequate resources for staff.
- Place supply orders as needed to replace low inventory, obtain prior approvals, and place special-request orders.
- Responsible for uniform check-out/check-in and storage. Assist in ordering food for major events as needed by the event managers. Process and document PRK payments/invoices.
- Maintain organized files, records, invoices/receipts, or other documentation and accurately enter into Concur Travel & Expense System in compliance with University policies.
- Collect and analyze data and create metrics using Microsoft Access and Excel to determine critical information or important trends in Events and Enforcement. Become proficient at all back-of-house software to assist in improving operations and data collection.
- Coordinate Event Parking and Visitor Access
- The incumbent oversees all events related to all the life sciences, Main Campus Arts and Sciences, Macky Auditorium, Old Main, UMC, and Student Groups.
- They are responsible for overseeing events by creating event plans, coordinating all necessary parking, and staff arrangements.
- Parking arrangements include developing and creating all maps, using the Adobe Creative Cloud, issuance of parking codes utilizing the Cale system, permits and parking reservations, lot closures, and creating the event in ParkHub when needed.
Event Execution, Communication and Support
- Responsible for drafting the proper internal and external communications for both the external and internal customers.
- This position is responsible for implementing and deploying the ParkHub in-lane payment system when applicable and is responsible for collecting and submitting event details in a timely fashion for proper ParkHub event creation per the ParkHub standard operating procedures (SOP).
- This position is responsible for meeting with campus partners to coordinate and execute the logistics plans involved for all events under their purview, which includes but not limited to developing access traffic plans with the City of Boulder and CUPD. This position is responsible for planning, managing, staffing support, and staffing schedules, and day of operational support.
- The incumbent utilizes Event Management System (EMS), FLEX (T2), ParkHub, and CALE systems to submit timely reports, estimates and invoices.
Staffing and Training
- Supervises the parking and events unit and manages all applicable event staff. Develops standard operating procedures for the work unit and monitors their compliance.
- Hires, trains and evaluates all Parking and Events staff, as well as plans, organizes and assigns their day-to-day work assignments.
- Maintains positive employee relations by assisting with employee development and coaching opportunities to work to their full potential.
- The incumbent recognizes employees who meet or exceed expected levels of performance and identifies corrective action procedure needs for employees whose performance or conduct does not meet required levels and conducts annual performance appraisals.
- The incumbent fields questions and comments from campus constituents and guests regarding event parking regulations. The incumbent will also work with appropriate campus resources to resolve issues beyond their control. His may also include collaboration with University Police to facilitate safety concerns for the campus and public good.
- Responds to emergent needs as directed by department leadership.
What We Can Offer
The hiring salary is $51,000-$55,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Adaptable. Be Pioneering. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
- 3-5 years of experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 6/30/2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boudler Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder