Campus Services Technician
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is looking to hire a Campus Services Technician to join its Facilities Management & Planning team. This position is responsible for the set-up, staffing, and breakdown of all university events as defined by the Office of University Events through event orders. This position is also responsible for duties related to facilities operations such as: campus cleanliness, campus trash services, and seasonal activities.
• EVENTS – Works closely with team to perform duties related to event set-ups, and event break-downs such as: moving tables, moving chairs, cleaning event spaces, staffing events, maintaining event spaces during events, arranging power cords as necessary, lifting, squatting, bending, working in various weather conditions, moving furniture, and other duties as assigned.
• HOUSEKEEPING – Performs routine housekeeping duties directly related to campus operations, such as: trash maintenance, policing grounds for trash, restroom stocking, restroom cleaning, office cleaning, vacuuming, emptying wastebaskets, dusting, mopping, cleaning glass, emergency clean-up if required, placing and maintaining walk-off rugs, maintain a clean campus environment, and other duties as assigned.
• SEASONAL – Winter seasonal duties such as: shoveling snow, spreading ice-melt products, maintain building entrances during winter. Spring seasonal duties such as: placing umbrellas at outside seating areas, working with team to set-up large tents. Summer seasonal duties such as: cleaning student dorm space (sweep, vacuum, clean appliances, clean restroom fixtures), moving furniture, working closely with summer camp programs, working with team to prepare campus for fall semester. Other duties as assigned
• Standing, bending, sitting, repetitive motion
• Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Flexible and available to work evenings and/or and weekends for campus events
• HS diploma or GED
• Knowledge of best cleaning practices
• Knowledge of safe work practices and PPE
• Knowledge of basic cleaning chemicals and processes
• Basic computer knowledge and skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Strong teamwork skills
• Strong self-motivational skills
• Ability to work flexible schedules or weekends (if required)
• Ability to drive university-owned vehicles – valid MO license
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: June 15, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur