MBA Student Affairs Director
MBA Student Affairs Director
The MBA Student Affairs Director provides the vision, direction and oversees the management of the AACSB accredited MBA program, including external relations with partner schools, business, community, and other agencies; program development; marketing, promotion, and student recruiting; and program administration, including class scheduling and the advising function. The position also provides support for the undergraduate program through supporting student organizations, advising, internships and placement, and recruitment as needed.
Essential Job Functions of Position
Manage, direct and coordinate all facets of the MBA program; oversee recruitment, the admissions process, and student enrollment;
Understand and uphold AACSB accreditation standards and work with the School’s Graduate faculty to implement curriculum and program changes, as well as policy decisions to ensure MBA program quality.
Program Promotion and Marketing
Work with the School and University positions and units to develop marketing plans to promote the MBA program using knowledge of current markets. Oversee, consult and actively participate in recruiting and marketing activities promoting the MBA program and other School programs to target markets.
Student Advising and Mentoring
Review student progress in the MBA program; provide academic guidance to MBA students. Provide career counseling and development guidance for MBA students. Serve as a source of referrals for career opportunities to all students and alumni. As needed, provide advising and guidance to undergraduate students and all School student organizations.
The position requires coordinated efforts with leadership team members of the School of Business ( SOBU ).
Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
MBA or graduate degree in a business discipline
Five years of professional experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Preferred: Work in a university and/or advising setting at a School with AACSB accreditation
Sales and marketing experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must be an effective communicator and possess demonstrated public speaking skills
• Experience establishing relationships and partnerships with internal and external constituencies (e.g., alumni, community and business organizations) and participating in business and community organizations
• Proven ability to work independently exercising initiative, and innovation
• Demonstrated experience working with details and managing multiple tasks within given deadlines
• Proven experience working in a team-oriented office environment and ability to work with culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies
• Ability to use good judgement when dealing with confidential information
• Proven experience making sound decisions
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
Regular Business Hours
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an MBA or graduate degree in a business
- Yes, I have an MBA
- Yes, I have a graduate degree in a business discipline
- Yes, I have a graduate degree -not in a business discipline
- No I do not have a graduate degree
- * Do you have at least five years of professional experience?
- * I believe I have an equivalent combination of education and
experience that fulfills the education and experience requirements.
- * Have you worked in a university and/or advising setting at a
School with AACSB accreditation?
- Cover Letter