Purdue University: Electrical and Computer Engineering Lecturer
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at
Purdue University invites applications for a full-time, Full Year
(12 month) position as a Lecturer beginning as early as possible
during the 2021 fall semester.
The lecturer will become part of a community of faculty, instructors, and laboratory staff who are driven to prepare students to be great designers, problem solvers, collaborators, and leaders in their field. This position is targeted at teaching, advising, and coordinating undergraduate hardware and software courses in topics such as digital logic design, embedded systems design, and C programming.
In addition to ECE faculty and staff, the lecturer will collaborate with educators in Purdue’s world-renowned Colleges, particularly the College of Engineering and the first School of Engineering Education in the US. In addition, tremendous opportunities for collaboration on student projects also exist with a wide range of industrial and governmental partners.Duties
Develop and teach undergraduate hardware and software courses in topics such as digital logic design, embedded systems design, and C programming. A particular focus will be on creating and adapting content to serve both online and on-campus learners. The lecturer will be a part of ECE’s world leading laboratory instructional team as we scale to meet increasing enrollment and adapt to changing student needs. The lecturer will have to maintain personal excellence in educational techniques, technologies and industrial practice.
For any course taught or supervised:
- Hold three office hours each week for students enrolled in courses taught.
- Develop appropriate course syllabi for assigned classes and report final grades for students in a timely fashion in accord with university policy.
- Abide by all course policies for any course taught as given by the program director for the given course.
Attend training and meetings as required for a given
Assist in the administration of ECE design curriculum as needed. These duties might include assisting in the training of instructors, conducting evaluation and assessment, and support of outreach events.
Ph.D. in ECE or closely related degree area. 4 years relevant experience including
- Use of EDA software for variety of design, analysis tasks
- Embedded system design incorporating digital, analog, and mixed signal components
- Work with UNIX and Windows O/S
- Teaching ECE topics to university level students or practicing engineers
- Supervision, management of student or entry level employees
Prefer to also have
- Industry experience in ECE related work or academic experience in a similar position
- Software development experience in a variety of languages or application areas
Submit application to this site including a complete curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and names and contact information of three references. For information/questions regarding applications contact Dr. Mark C. Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will begin on July 19, 2021 and will continue until position is filled. A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Purdue is an ADVANCE institution http://www.purdue.edu/advance-purdue/. Purdue University’s School of Electrical and Computer Engineering is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in a separate Diversity and Inclusion Statement, indicating their past experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women,
individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lafayette
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lafayette
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lafayette
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lafayette
- Engineering Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lafayette