Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
Job Description Summary
POSITION AND AVAILABILITY : The Department of Human Development and Family Science ( HDFS ) in the College of Human Sciences invites applications for a 12-month, full-time, non-tenure-eligible, externally funded position. The position will begin as soon as possible, no later than August 16, 2021.
RESPONSIBILITIES : This position will include the role of Executive Director of Child Care Programs in the Family Child Care Partnerships ( FCCP ) program. The Director provides visionary leadership for all educational, training, and outreach activities associated the advancement of the family child care field in Alabama and nationwide. Specifically, the Director is tasked with the direction and administrative oversight of two multifaceted, multimillion dollar efforts to increase the quality of family child care in Alabama: the Accreditation Facilitation Program ( AFP ) and the Early Head Start Program ( EHS ).
Additional responsibilities include the following:
• maintain healthy working relationships with program funders and stakeholders within and outside of Auburn University;
• maintain and expand national and statewide relationships with institutions, agencies, professional organizations, and other groups whose goals and activities are synergistic with those of the unit’s programs and efforts;
• recruit, hire, train, and supervise senior-level personnel in all family child care programs and provide guidance and oversight to supervisors tasked with recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising field staff;
• submit project funding proposals as well as develop and submit proposals for supplementary funding to support and enhance project goals and activities;
• oversee the training and support of all staff to meet program goals;
• facilitate the conduct of evaluation research projects relevant to family child care, including when possible, with faculty and graduate students at Auburn University;
• ensure that procedures and accountability processes are followed for effective monitoring of project finances, budgets, contract compliance, staff performance, and reporting to funders;
• assure that project activities comply with the requirements and policies of Auburn University, the Alabama Department of Human Resources, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, and other relevant funding agencies or organizations.
THE DEPARTMENT : The Department includes 32 full-time, faculty members (20 tenure track) and offers undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees in HDFS . The department also has a strong interest in hiring faculty who have demonstrated commitment to diversity through lived experience, teaching proficiencies, and/or research interests. Additional information on the Department can be found at http://www.humsci.auburn.edu/hdfs .
THE COLLEGE : The College of Human Sciences is one of 12 academic schools and colleges on the Auburn Campus. It enrolls more than 1,100 undergraduates and approximately 100 graduate students across three departments (Consumer and Design Sciences, Human Development and Family Studies, and Nutrition, Dietetics, and Hospitality Management). Additional information on the college can be found at http://www.humsci.auburn.edu .
THE UNIVERSITY : Auburn University is a land-grant institution with a multicultural student enrollment of more than 25,000. The University is located in the city of Auburn in east-central Alabama near the metropolitan areas of Montgomery and Birmingham, Alabama, and Columbus and Atlanta, Georgia.
To learn more about Auburn University, visit http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/facultyjobs/. Auburn University is understanding of and sensitive to the family needs of faculty, including dual-career couples.
An earned doctorate or terminal degree in family studies, human development, family policy or a closely related discipline is required at the time employment begins. The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively in English.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application must include a letter of application that addresses position qualifications and responsibilities along with a current vita, transcripts of terminal degree, and the names and contact information of three references. Application materials should be submitted online via the following link: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/23458
Review of applications will begin June 30 and continue until a candidate is selected and recommended for appointment. Questions about the position should be addressed to Dr. Di Samek, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn