Registered Nursing Instructors
The nurse educator facilitates learning, facilitate learner development and socialization, use assessment and evaluation strategies, participate in curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes, function as a change agent and leader, pursue continuous quality improvements in the nurse educator role, engage in scholarship, and function within the educational environment.
10% of Annual Salary as Sign-on Bonus distributed in first month of teaching.
Masters in nursing preferred; a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with the commitment to obtain masters in nursing within 3 years of hire. A current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Idaho. Emotional and physical health to enable full participation in the theory/lab and clinical.
- Adhere to policies and procedures required of CSI faculty;
- Instructional duties may include theory, lab, simulation, and clinical;
- Create course materials and deliver instruction based on best practices in nursing education;
- Evaluate student performance using varied evaluation methods and maintain accurate and confidential student records;
- Remediate students as needed;
- Work collaboratively with other faculty to maintain quality of program and meet accreditation requirements;
- Adhere to ASNP policies;
- Serve on program, department, and College committees;
- Attend and participate in course meetings as scheduled;
- Attend and participate in ASNP meetings as scheduled;
- Participate in the annual self and peer evaluation;
- Participate in professional development activities;
- Participate in ongoing program assessment.
- Maintain professional and collegial relationships within the College and health care communities;
- Adhere to the Idaho Board of Nursing Rules;
- Ensure ASNP Faculty file is complete: official academic transcripts, current unencumbered Idaho registered nursing license, immunization history, annual TB screening, current BLS certification, annual flu vaccine, annual Curriculum Vitae/Resume with continuing education, and drug screening
The applicant or employee is responsible for notifying the ASNP Chair if they are presently or become unable to meet the emotional and/or physical requirements to participate in the theory, lab, and clinical.