The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Manager, Financial Systems is primarily responsible for
ensuring the reliable operation of ERP and finance-related systems.
The incumbent also coordinates with external vendors or consultants
to implement new ERP systems and/or make updates or modifications
to existing systems and integrations. Prior experience in Microsoft
Dynamics Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamic Business Central, Sage
Intacct, and/or PeopleSoft is a significant advantage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with implementation vendor / external
consultants in ongoing ERP implementation project to help gather
business user requirements, design, configure, test and implement
ERP applications and modules.
- Help to identify interfaces required for ERP with other IT
systems; collaborate with implementation vendor / external
consultant to design, configure and test interfaces.
- Provide technical support and guidance to ERP system users;
Work closely with internal and external service providers as
- Coordinate and manage application support with vendors and
- Ensure reliable performance of ERP system by tracking and
monitoring performance, usage, and security metrics.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any ERP related hardware, software,
user access or other problems.
- Coordinate new software releases, production fixes and
upgrades with technical teams and users.
- Recommend new features or changes to configuration /
workflows based on user feedback.
- Design, configure and test new interfaces for ERP with other
IT systems based on user requirements.
- Provide Infrastructure requirements to Infrastructure team,
based on application changes required.
- Develop and document system configurations, procedures, and
hardware as appropriate.
- Perform database inquires and audit to verify system
- Conduct in-depth tests for application modifications or
implementation of new systems.
- Engage and partner with analytics, BI, and IT team members
to clear blockers, develop efficiencies, and deliver value to the
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture and Finance
teams to design, develop, and maintain data models for reporting
and analysis built.
- Research data from key business systems, assess data
quality, and map data to requirements for analysis and
- Develop automated testing procedures for data
- Meet regularly with IT, Finance, and other business leads to
define requirements, formulate project plans, provide status
updates, and perform user testing and Q.
- Build and maintain user friendly documentation for data
models, metrics, and reporting.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with other IT application resources (across
Business Intelligence, Student Information System, HRIS, Learning
Management and other applications) to resolve cross functional
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that
management may deem necessary from time to time.
Travel required up to 10% to local US campuses.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Information Technology
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
- Prior experience of managing enterprise-wide financial
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Coupa, Vena and/or PeopleSoft
is a significant advantage.
- Hands-on experience in various ERP modules such as
accounting, accounts payable, controls, financial planning,
budgeting, and reporting. Experience in additional modules such as
tax is advantageous.
- Experience in all phases of the development
- Excellent project management, communication, and
- Working knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Able to assist users in resolving problems and answer
questions with minimal supervision.
- Experience using Python or similar scripting to parse,
structure, and transform data.
- Strong experience developing, deploying, and maintaining of
enterprise level reports using BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI,
Looker, or other relevant technologies.
- Experience with MPP databases such as Snowflake, Redshift,
BigQuery, or other relevant technologies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Accounting or related
field, Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 6-10 years of experience in the technology
field supporting finance and accounting systems.
To perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform
the essential functions of the position:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
Physical requirements of this position include the following:
q Does not apply q TBD q TBD
q Stooping, crawling q TBD q TBD
Lifting up to 40 lbs q TBD
q Lifting up over 40 lbs q TBD
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national