Academic Development Coordinator
Reporting to the Head Football Coach, the Academic Development Coordinator performs duties under general supervision and receives work lead direction from the Assistant AD for Football Operations to achieve specified outcomes. The Coordinator is the liaison between coaches and support staff involved in cohesive tutoring, peer mentoring and academic support programs for student-athletes. The Coordinator ensures that student-athletes on academic probation, IEP, and/or engaged in academic support have their learning needs met throughout the academic year; Strengthens relationships with various academic support services across campus; Collaborates with SASS to ensure effective communication occurs and is consistent with graduation, eligibility, and APR tracking; Coordinates student success programming, specifically related to initial arrival to campus, and prepares a variety of reports and analyzes data for coaches in collaboration with the Assistant Athletic Director for Football. In addition, the Coordinator aids in the student-athlete recruitment process, which requires a high level of skill in customer service, presentations, marketing of SJSU, and creating a team-oriented environment for students and their families.
- Academic High-Risk management - IEP, Probation, Recovery
- Academic Support Coordination
- Student-Athlete Onboarding
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior
- Ability to advise students individually and in groups on complex student‑related matters
- General knowledge of the principles, practices and trends of the Student Services field as well as general knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices of the program area to which assigned
- Ability to analyze data accurately and adopt effective course of action
- Ability to carry out a variety of complex assignments without detailed instructions
- Knowledge of NCAA legislation, rules and regulations, especially as they apply to academic support
- Demonstrated ability to create student development and study skill programming
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver appropriate learning support strategies
- General working knowledge of the principles, practices and trends of Division I higher education and academic support
- Demonstrated ability to create programs that are responsive to a diverse and multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and evaluate academic plans
- Ability to work outside normal (8-5pm) work hours; nights/weekends
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a related field, including or supplemented by upper division or graduate coursework in counseling techniques, interviewing, and conflict resolution where such are job-related and three years of progressively responsible professional student services work experience
- A master’s degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or a directly related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- A doctorate degree and the appropriate internship or clinical training in counseling or guidance may be substituted for the three years of experience for positions with a major responsibility for professional career or personal counseling
- Master’s degree and/or teaching credential
- Two years of experience specifically in the academic support of college students
Classification: Student Services Professional III
Salary Range: $4,691/month - $6,683/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: June 14, 2021 through June 28, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: June 14, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose