Clinical Assistant Professor and Clinical Learning Center Coordinator
Established in 1887 as a school for the education of American Indians, The University of North Carolina at Pembroke serves a distinctly diverse student body and encourages inclusion and appreciation of the values of all people. Located in the heart of Pembroke, N.C., UNCP boasts an enrollment of 8,200 in 41 undergraduate and 18 graduate programs and offers a personalized learning environment where faculty and staff are dedicated to engaged scholarship, high academic standards, creative activity and public service. Spread over 281 acres, the campus offers a sense of community and belonging-–a place where faculty and staff feel supported, take pride in the university’s mission, and are devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research, and to developing leaders who make a difference in their communities.
The Clinical Learning Center (CLC) Coordinator is responsible
for the simulation center on the University of North Carolina at
Pembroke campus. The position is a 10-month position with a summer
stipend and 3 credits of administrative release and 9 credits of
teaching predominantly in the Clinical Learning Center during the
academic year. In addition, the Coordinator of
the CLC will teach up to 3 credits or equivalent thereof
during the summer session. The Coordinator is responsible to the
Director of Nursing Support and has the following characteristic
duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinates utilization of Clinical Learning Center;
• Develops and implements plans to assist faculty competency in teaching in the CLC especially in using learning through simulation;
• Participate as a faculty team member for curricula implementation;
• In conjunction with the Department Chair, program directors and course coordinators, plans and evaluates the use of the CLC in clinical teaching and student retention;
• Assists faculty/students with demonstration, practice, remediation and testing necessary for gaining clinical competency;
• Implements faculty role including teaching, scholarship and services with a special focus on learning using simulation;
• Oversees the maintenance of lab and lab equipment;
• Supervises Clinical Learning Center assistants;
• Participates in the SON activities that are necessary to meet accreditation and regulatory standards for all programs;
• Other duties as requested by the Associate Dean and Chief Nurse Administrator.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirement: Masters or Doctorate in Nursing required.
Management Preferences: Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or eligible.
Licenses and Certifications Required: Unrestricted RN License in the State of North Carolina.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.