Office Associate, Lakeshore
Posting Number S01414 Position Title Office Associate, Lakeshore Internal Position Title Office Associate Department Lakeshore Campus Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
College of Lake County has an exciting opportunity at our Lakeshore Campus! Under the supervision of the Dean, the Office Associate provides day-to-day administrative support to the Lakeshore Campus. This position will assist with the planning and execution of the Student Life events taking place on the Lakeshore Campus. Additionally, this position performs clerical and receptionist duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, copying, filing, and assisting students (in person and over the phone) by providing basic information relating to the operational function of the Lakeshore Campus, its procedures, policies, and day-to-day activities.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 years’ experience in a clerical office setting required.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS :
Proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook/Exchange, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle all situations with tact, confidentiality, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
Bi-lingual in Spanish
Some event planning experience
Posting Date 06/15/2021 Closing Date 06/29/2021 Expected Start Date 08/11/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $15.17/hourly Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Lakeshore Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Some Saturdays may be required.
Software Testing Required Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word, Windows, Outlook Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Assists the College by providing a variety of clerical support services supporting students, faculty, and community initiatives. Answers phones, records messages, provides information, and routes calls as appropriate. Types, photocopies, and/or distributes letters, memoranda, and/or messages. Assists in maintaining office files and/or records.
2. Individual in this position will be helping in promoting student success in all actions. This includes, but is not limited to, making sure all activities undertaken are aligned with the Values, Pillars, and Strategic Plan of the College. Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
3. Monitor the student activity budget by recording budget activities, monitoring account expenditures, typing and filing payment requests, tracking invoices to be paid, entering payment requisitions, as need it, obtaining prior approval of expenditures from the Dean, etc.
4. Prepares various reports, including but not limited to, those related to grant compliance and expenditures.
5. Assists with the promotion and implementation of Campus projects and events, including but not limited to, scheduling conference center space for meetings and events and maintaining timelines, supplies and materials necessary for events. Creates semester calendar of events, flyers, informational guides, and promotional materials using various software packages, including but not limited to, ensure information is disseminate appropriately.
6. Manning and provides first line troubleshooting for ID machine system.
7. Reports problems with vending machine services to Business Services.
8. Assists in monitoring fax and photocopy machines at Lakeshore Campus, including ordering and replacing toner, ordering copy paper for all buildings, as need it, and report issues with copier to Campus Services for repair assistant.
9. Serves a back up switchboard operator and delivery of the campus mail as necessary.
10. Follows all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have verifiable experience in a clerical office
- * Do you have experience with event planning?
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake