Freshman Admission Counselor
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Freshman Admission Counselor supports learning by recruiting a diverse student population of full-time freshmen to undergraduate programs. The position also counsels prospective students throughout the admission process.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in higher education important.
- Experience in admissions, or sales preferred.
- Ability to relate well to prospective undergraduate students.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Customer-service orientation and professional manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software essential.
- Knowledge of Colleague/Slate preferred.
- Ability to handle and act on confidential information.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and parents; and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Valid Illinois driver's license.
- Ability to travel regularly to high schools and career fairs, providing own vehicle.
- Some evening and Saturday hours required.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.