Diagnoses and treats patients with psychiatric conditions; provides
consultation for University Health Center faculty and staff of
- Provides psychiatric evaluations for students referred by
physician, faculty and staff.
- Prescribes psychiatric medication and orders lab work as
- Provides consultation for professional staff at the Student
Health Center and other University entities.
- Conducts educational seminars on topics such as
psychopharmacology and mental status exams for Health Center Staff
and University entities.
- Assists in the hospitalization of students as necessary;
maintains confidential files and facilitates files exchange.
- Responds to emergency situations on campus and is available for
crisis intervention at all times.
- Utilizes EHR system for recording patient histories,
interactions, diagnoses, etc.
- Routinely provide feedback to and report to Chief Psychiatrist
within the psychiatry clinic.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Doctoral and 3 years experience.
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional
discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge,
normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related
terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field
of specialization that is directly related to the type of work
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Preferred experience in treating young adults with mood, anxiety,
adjustment, personality disorders, and ADHD.
Additional Information: Ideal applicant will be board certified
Notes to Applicant: