Coordinator, Donor Engagement Events - (STA007551)
Assists in managing a portfolio of campus partner relationships and coordinating the planning, supervision, and implementation of special events for the Donor Engagement Team. Collaborates with the Strategic Initiatives Team to manage event logistics and ensure best in class donor and event attendee experience.The University of Houston's Donor Engagement program seeks to appreciate, inform, meaningfully engage and recognize current and prospective donors in the life of the University of Houston. The University recognizes its fiduciary responsibility to care for the investments that have been made and entrusted to the institution. Consistent contacts and programs for donors and prospective constituents are critical and valuable components of the fundraising efforts and are focused on building lifelong relationships with donors, instilling in them pride for the institution, and trust that their gifts are being carefully and responsibly managed. The Donor Engagement program is organized into the following component areas: Donor Recognition and Events, Gift Impact and Compliance, and Development Communications. This team is a part of the Division of University Advancement's Strategic Initiatives department, which encompasses strategic planning and projects, campaign initiatives and planning, donor and volunteer engagement.
- Participates in the development and execution of special events for the Donor Engagement Team and Advancement Division.
- Partners with Asst Director to execute event communications, event logistics, catering, permitting, event setup/teardown, design and decor, negotiating with both internal and external vendors, processing contracts and payments in accordance with University protocol.
- Oversees the Division's master advancement events calendar (M.A.C.) to ensure proper timing, collaboration, and inter-departmental planning.
- Acts as point for Division special event requests and facilitates interdepartmental planning and processes.
- Serves as lead on Division and University recommendations for in-person and virtual events; gathers, updates, and disseminates appropriate policy and protocol documents and maintains information outlets (web and print).
- Manages timelines and responsibilities for several different projects.
- Coordinates agreements with vendors and sponsors for provision of hospitality, entertainment, printed materials.
- Attends all special events to manage details and oversee the activities of event professionals and volunteers.
- Maintains proper records, files, bids and other required documentation for each event.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston